SS093 Scientific Software Developer at NASA
Ever wondered what it would be like to be the first to process and visualize newly collected data from another planet? Here's your chance!
ADNET Systems is seeking a Scientific Software Developer to support the Planetary Magnetospheres Laboratory at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD. As part of a team, the developer will query and process instrument telemetry from the Juno and MAVEN magnetometer experiments and design and implement instrument ground data systems for future missions. The Scientific Software Developer will also be responsible for the creation and validation of datasets delivered to the Planetary Data System for public distribution. Critical skills for our Scientific Software Developer include the ability to accurately process and track datasets as they proceed through multiple pipelines and the ability to quickly troubleshoot and fix pipeline anomalies.
- Minimum 5 years experience, each, with the Linux OS, Linux shell scripting, and IDL (Interactive Data Language) programming.
- Demonstrated ability to work with data at the bit level.
- Experience with NAIF SPICE library and its associated kernel files (highly desired)
- Knowledge of, and experience with, the Common Data Format (CDF) storage specification
- Experience decommutating and unpacking spacecraft/instrument telemetry
- E xperience with Perl programming
Must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. or have Greencard for this position
- BS degree in a physical science discipline or computer science.
ADNET Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification, or any other legally protected status.
ADNET Systems, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals who are unable to use the online system due to disability.