SSIS Data Integration Developer
Duration: 8 months+ or Contract to hire, This is your choice. Extensions are expected into 2023.
Location: LOUISVILLE, KY OR MILWAUKEE, WI (hybrid offsite work opportunity
W2, independent and subcontractors are acceptable. Candidates must confirm they will work onsite in Louisville or Milwaukee areas at the time of hire.
- Build Data Integration (DI) solutions using Microsoft tools suite
- Provide data architecture technical designs and specifications for data integration and data storage
- Perform data analysis and mapping
- Establish and implement test plans to verify quality code and data, ensuring ETL processes maintain data integrity
- Provide full lifecycle support from implementation to maturity of DI solutions
- Determine testing needed to assure the functionality and integrity of DI solutions, create test plans, and evaluate testing results taking corrective action as necessary
- Help manage risk through identification of data quality issues and raise awareness to business and IT stakeholders
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation
Collaborate – build relationships!
- The self-motivated candidate will have proven experience implementing successful data integration solutions on key projects in a collaborative and agile environment.
- Success will come from being able to prioritize, deliver value incrementally, problem solve, and manage changing priorities.
- You will work closely with business analysts and business intelligence teams and interface with both technical and non-technical colleagues representing the needs of business users and leaders.
- Identify project risks and impediments, notify management, and proactively work with other members of the team to complete assigned tasks as defined by project scope, timelines, and budgets.
- Partner with internal business units to define information requirements and translate them into modern DI solutions
- Perform data analysis and data discovery to drive clear information requirements
- Partner with project team members to translate business and functional requirements into technical designs
- Strive to understand the data integration needs of the business community, as well as the problems faced by business users involving the access and use of data
- Help project teams develop solutions that enable businesses to capitalize on Business Intelligence in the drive toward gaining a competitive advantage
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Data Integration / Business Intelligence in a complex environment working with an engine based ETL tool
- Proficient in Data Integration and Business Intelligence tools and concepts such as:
- Data Integration tools: Primarily SSIS. (Informatica or DataStage can be considered)
- Data Integration concepts and strategies: EII, ETL, EL-T and EAI
- Database: SQL Server, Oracle
- Data Management and Quality: data mapping, data profiling, metadata repository, relational data modeling, master data management
- Building and loading dimensional data sets matching business needs
- Most everything they have now involves Batch processing. Candidates must have batch and be able to understand the value of moving toward more event-based processing
- Corporate Information Factory (3NF and dimensional modeling)
Preferred skills you will learn but are not required)
- Writing APIs (API Gateway) in .NET is a plus
- Business Intelligence tools: Alteryx, Tableau, Microsoft SSRS and SSAS is helpful.
- Experience reading off a queue is very helpful. Exposure to any message queuing system is helpful. They may be moving to Azure’s MQ
- Exposure to real time, online or event-based processing
- C# is a plus