Our client is looking for an experienced SQL Server Integrated Services (SSIS) Lead ETL Developer who will work with business users and members of the technical team on the architecture, design, and development of highly scalable ETL processes and Data Warehouse (EDW) utilizing tools such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and MicroStrategy for a diverse set of clients.
The Lead SSIS Developer must have extensive experience with the Data Warehouse architecture, design, development and deployment of business intelligence systems along with Azure Data Factory.
The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Must have experience with Azure Data Factory.
- Collaborate with internal customers, prospects and stakeholders, understand and translates business use cases and/or requirements into data analysis and data mapping and consequently data integration routines which involves moving, cleansing and transforming large amount of data between multiple systems.
- Identifies data sources, provides data flow diagrams and documents source to target mapping and process.
- Collaborate with the Data Architect to recommend optimal data models for data ingestion and BI developer for analytic reports. Design and develop large complex ETL jobs. Document Data Integration Design to facilitate other developers to develop software code.
- Design, implement and maintain database objects (tables, views, indexes, etc.) and database security.
-Validate data integration routines by developing and executing test plans and scenarios including data design, tool design, data extract/transform, networks, and hardware. Maintain the data warehouse performance by optimizing batch processing through parallelization, performance tuning etc.
- Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy and improvement. Ensure data quality through creation of audit controls, proactive monitoring and data cleansing techniques.
- Use the SSIS platform to extract, transform, and load data. Develop, test, integrate, and deploy ETL routines using ETL tools and external programming/scripting languages as necessary. Write and maintain unit test cases.
- Must be able to direct junior team members, lead team, assign tasks, monitor progress and report status. Execute on POC s with new technologies, drive innovation and new ideas.
- Must be comfortable to create solution design proposals to Architecture Review Board.
Qualification & Requirements
- 8+ years of experience in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence.
- 2+ years of experience in Azure Data Factory, SQL VMs, Azure Data Warehouse.
- 5+ Years in BI development leveraging the Microsoft SQL Server or PDW/APS data environments.
- 5+ years in SSIS and use of Stored Procedures. Strong understanding data modeling (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design, experience with Operation Data Stores, Enterprise Data warehouses and Data Marts).
- Deep understanding of relational database design concepts and SQL programming. - Experience guiding/mentoring developers with lesser experience.
- Requires strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
- Must have worked with several Terabytes of data and a complex data processing environment.
- Strong experience with business intelligence and data warehousing design principles and industry best practices.
* The ideal candidate will be interested in working in the fintech/payments industry .
* DevOps Experience is a plus.
* Bachelor s degree preference in computer/information sciences or business/commerce.