SSRS Business Analyst/Report Writer
The Business Analyst/Report Writer will be responsible for clarifying requirements, building, and maintaining business information reports, primarily using Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Reporting Services for HEAT Service Management. The Report Writer will act as a subject matter expert for these technologies and apply them successfully to create accurate, clear, efficient, and sustainable reports.
Responsibilities of the SSRS Business Analyst/Report Writer:
- Interview business users to clarify requirements, explain limitations of data in the system, and arrive at mutually-agreed upon technical solution.
- Design new reports considering accuracy, performance, maintainability, and clarity of presentation.
- Comfortable with stopping one task to switch to another higher-priority task and work with urgency and precision to complete the “emergency" business requirement.
- Estimate effort in days/hours to complete tasks and proactively update his/her manager with revisions to original estimate.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative team environment using standard tools to facilitate team coordination.
- Document user specifications and reasons for specific logic within a code to enable future maintenance on that report.
Required Skills and Education
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field preferred. In lieu of degree, 5+ years of SQL SSRS reporting experience required.
- Required proficiency: Microsoft RS2008RE, SQL, SQL Reporting Services SSRS, SQL Server Integration Services SSIS, Extract Transform Load ETL.
- Clear and logical thinking about data and data relationships
- Proven ability to convert technical requirements into a clear presentable design understood by the end user
- Attention to detail and self-testing of code and reports before notifying user that it is ready for them to test.
- Excellent communication skills within report development team is essential to success.
- Must not hesitate to seek out assistance with SQL coding or data location if solution is unclear.
Thanks & Regards
Ganesh Kumar Balakrishnan