TE's Medical business unit, part of the Industrial Solutions segment, offers medical device OEMs, a complete product offering, and capability portfolio for minimally invasive, imaging, surgical, diagnostic, and therapeutic devices. With more than 350 design engineers and a global presence in all key medical device hubs, we are a premier partner to the world's leading medical technology companies for their next-generation medical devices. We are experts in all aspects of device design and manufacture, from access & delivery solutions for interventional medicine; to sensors & connectors for surgical applications. Our innovative solutions enable ground breaking medical therapies such as treating heart disease without opening the body, placing microscopic devices into brain arteries and powering robotic surgery. Job Overview
TE Connectivity is looking for a Sr. Extrusion Engineer that will play a key role in creating a new world-class medical devices at our Plymouth Minnesota location.Responsibilities
- Provide engineering support for extrusion processes and tooling. Support internal manufacturing, quality and sales operations for all assigned projects; Provide research and development support for all assigned processes, presents research as needed to clients; Function as internal expert on manufacturing platforms within the organization. Investigate process improvements and/or alternatives. Recommend and implement new processes and process improvements.
- Lead, direct, influence and coordinate project objectives, completion dates, and technical specs.
- Exercise judgment to define manufacturing requirements and processes, test, troubleshoot, repair, and validate equipment. Document work in accordance with applicable procedures.
- Develop, document, plan, and is responsible to oversee the execution of process validation protocols through IQ,OQ,PQ on new processes and legacy process changes.
- Evaluate and analyze results, develop design improvements and implement them, develop test procedures, test specifications, and supporting documentation
- Guide and develop other personnel by precedent and within the limits of all established procedures and regulatory requirements. Analyze product, customer, and regulatory requirements to ensure processes, tools, fixtures and equipment requirements are properly translated and implemented into documentation.
- Review potential product modifications and consult with customers, suppliers, and others to determine the best approach. Build prototypes and ensure products meet customer's requirements and expectations.
- Collaborate with Quality Engineering to define quantitative parameters for quality inspection and testing as required per customer and regulatory quality requirements.
- Determine safety limits/requirements and set appropriate limitations and safeguards to ensure safe operation.
- Investigate equipment/process problems, devise methods of repair, and make adjustments or direct related efforts of others. Document what was done and train maintenance personnel and production associates to eliminate repeat issues.
- Attends/participates in a variety of meetings/task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain high level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Leads and participates in Kaizen activity.
- Work with Operations to schedule engineering activities requiring resources outside the engineering team.
- Train personnel on new equipment, processes, and changes to existing processes
- Must have Solid knowledge/experience with multi-lumen extrusion process; Tube Extrusion
- Technical writing
- Tool design
- Automation experience
- Lean Manufacturing