STAFF SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Location: Multiple locations (San Francisco, CA & Des Moines, Iowa)
Full Time PositionVISA Sponsorship IS available for this position.DESCRIPTION
As a Staff Software Engineer, for our Client Intelligent Solutions Group (ISG-San Francisco), you will join our team building a world class data platform for advanced analytics and artificial intelligence. This team will design, develop, and support our Precision Ag analytics platform - enabling the ingest, modeling, and efficient retrieval of data at petabyte scale. Our team builds production data products that utilize machine learning algorithms to enable intelligent, automated equipment and to improve farmer decision making. Join a team that is passionate about making a difference by applying cutting edge technology to solve some of the world's biggest problems. In addition, you will:
- Write clean, well-tested code to enable ingest, storage, retrieval, and transformation of large-scale geospatial data for analysis, research, and model development.
- Build and support high performance data pipelines that are efficient and reliable with robust monitoring.
- Develop next-generation data structures and APIs that enable secure, performant, cost effective access to data for research and model development.
- Identify and adopt engineering best practices to drive high performance and high expectations from other engineers.
- Collaborate and communicate closely with data scientists and engineers to identify and build needed infrastructure, tools, and libraries to support machine learning algorithms.
- Provide code reviews and technical guidance to other members of the team.
VISA Sponsorship IS available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 5 or more years of software engineering experience
- 3 or more years of experience building and supporting mission critical, global, production-scale, cloud-based systems using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Demonstrated ability to architect and build large scale processing pipelines
- Experience designing and implementing geospatial data structures, analysis systems, and visualizations
- Strong coding skills in Python and additional experience with C++, Java, and/or Scala
- Demonstrated experience with infrastructure-as-code, automation, monitoring, and a DevOps mindset
- A solid foundation in computer science, particularly with algorithm development
- Strong analytic skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- An ability to inform and influence others through your strong communication skills
What Makes You Stand Out
- Expertise with geospatial, IoT, or high frequency unstructured data sets
- Sense of ownership, curiosity, and ability to function in a fast paced, collaborative team environment that is distributed across various time zones and locations
- Experience with Spark or Hadoop
- Experience working with GDAL or similar spatial libraries
- Experience with machine learning techniques or tools
- A strong track record of contributions to the open source community
- Advanced degree, engineering or computer science preferred
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering, Computer Science or Technology related discipline
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: Yes