The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
Provide IT support for the Spacelift Telemetry Acquisition & Reporting System (STARS), Aerospace's launch support facility. STARS is used by our launch team to evaluate the health of the launch vehicle during the count to provide a GO/NO GO recommendation. The chosen candidate will have a big role in ensuring the STARS facility is 100% ready to support all STARS launch operations. The chosen candidate will also have a role in utilizing cloud computing, AI, machine learning, and other state-of-art technologies to craft the future of STARS.
The chosen candidate will demonstrate behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Support our SMC/LE and NRO customers.
- Provide IT support for STARS, enabling Aerospace to achieve the highest degree of launch readiness.
- Support the development of The STARS of the Future, an Aerospace Initiative to reshape the future of launch operations.
- Support IT tasks necessary to verify STARS infrastructure is ready for a pending launch operations.
- Provide system administration of storage devices, archiving systems, networks, workstations, servers, and other hardware/software systems.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned as needed.
How You Can Stand Out
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Five years or more of System Administration experience
- Familiar with the sizing, installation, and maintenance of mass storage devices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to effectively work with STARS's customers to address their computer needs.
- Willing to work after hours and weekends to support launch operations
- This position requires ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Familiarity with the STARS and TDRC architecture
- Background with storage and archival systems
- Experience with Unix System Administration
- Familiarity with STARS networking system
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement