SAIC is seeking a software engineer in support of a concentrated effort at a large Federal Agency to bring legacy, high priority IT systems up to current and supported operating levels while also addressing critical needs for high availability, fail-over capability, decoupling of highly connected systems, and/or cloud-based solution implementations. Job Specifications:
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software.
- Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
- Provides software development support to translate the enterprise's strategy for legacy system upgrade/migration to the desired future state including support of both the development and execution of a transition plan
- Interacts at a variety of points within the customer organization and program governance processes to assist in implementation of the established transition plan
- Supports research and advises on the analysis of alternatives in the determination of upgrade, refactor, or other solution recommendations.
- Ensures a focus on incorporation of high availability, fail-over capability, decoupling of highly connected systems, and/or cloud-based solution implementations
- Conducts test driven development in the delivery of high quality code.
- Coordinates and collaborates with subject matter experts and other architect leads to ensure consistent application of customer mission objectives are met
- Leveraging domain expertise, develops comprehensive understanding of customer requirements and leads the development of a complete solution meeting all technical and functional requirements.
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience
Working knowledge of object-oriented design and development skills.
Experience in developing quality software products and shipping production ready software.
Experience in building applications in Java using Spring Framework and Spring Boot.
Good understanding of agile methodologies.
Experience in building web applications using technologies like React JS or Angular JS.
Experience in Oracle, PL/SQL and other RDBMS.
Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance Desired Qualifications
- Experience with Database Consolidation and/or Separation, Data Migration from one Storage Platform to another
- Experience with Cloud Migration, Implementation, AWS Services, FedRAMP, System Integration capability
- Experience with automation technologies like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Selenium, Jenkins, Nexus, and Docker.
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST and API design for extensibility and portability.
- Experience working with CI/CD tools for testing and deployment.
- AWS certifications or Java certifications is a plus.
My SAIC Benefits.