This position requires a software engineer providing full system and software life-cycle support for incremental software functionality, web/graphic user interface development, and database support. The candidate should be self-motivated, enjoy working directly with the customer and with the end-users and value high quality software.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software. Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting. End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs. Ensures software standards are met. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content.
PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives. Qualifications
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years with software development lifecycle experience OR BS degree with 3 years of software development lifecycle experience
- JAVA development
- Agile development methodology
- Relational Databases
- Within the last 5 years, a minimum of 4 years' experience with designing, coding, testing, and debugging software to run under either Microsoft Windows (XP or later) or UNIX (Solaris 8 or later, Redhat LINUX) Operating System
- Spring Framework
- Git. Web or REST services
- MAVEN experience
- Experience with application servers (Tomcat preferred)
- Familiar with Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo). Test frameworks (JUnit)
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
My SAIC Benefits.