SAIC is seeking a Senior Software Engineer that has proven experience in server side REST, SOAP, and OGC web service development.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software. Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting. End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs. Ensures software standards are met.
Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance.
PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
IMPACT: Contributes to completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
LIASON: Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects. Qualifications
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years of experience with providing alpha and beta quality code in less than one month, and production quality code in three months.
- 3 years of experience delivering an integrated, web based solution of similar cost, scale etc. using Agile, extreme or related self-managed, rapid software delivery techniques.
- 3 years of experience AWS or an equivalent service, as well as experience as a lead software architect in that environment.
- 3 years of experience utilizing test-based development, continuous integration, knowledge of Java, and OGC services.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
10 years of experience, or Master's degree plus 5 years of experience in software development.
- 1 year experience with implementing across different ISP architectures and business processes.
- 3 years of experience with geospatial products, metadata, and web service types (OGC and ESRI).
- 5 years of experience in developing RESTful and/or SOAP services and understanding of API integration. - 3 years of experience with container/cloud/APIs.
- Agile Certification (Agile Certified Practitioner PMI-ACP or SAFe Scaled Agilist)
- AWS or other cloud certification
My SAIC Benefits.