SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Software Systems Engineer to join our team in Nevada!
As a member of the team you will be providing design, development, and authorization support to build an enterprise solution functions as a multilevel security (MLS) datacenter, test bed, and DevSecOps platform. You will be on the forefront of new technologies and concepts, and SAIC will design, build, test, operate and maintain this environment to support mission-specific applications in a MLS enterprise solution.
- Deploy a MLS virtualized laboratory and development environment based on defined requirements and best practices
- Generate documentation on processes and procedures supporting an Authorization to Operate
- Develop automation scripts to enable rapid deployment of virtualized systems
- Develop test plans to validate functionality of and increase technical expertise in specific MLS software
- Execute testing on MLS software and provide reports and briefings on findings
- Develop an application workflow to transfer approved MLS-aware applications into a production environment
- Provide recommendations and guides to oncoming developers for MLS-aware application development
- Work with 3 rd -party developers to transform 3 rd -party software into MLS-aware software
- Record and disseminate lessons learned from software development process
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of project requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; other work experience in lieu of degree requirements
- Experience with IaC (infrastructure as code) and CaC (configuration as code), and toolsets including Ansible, Terraform, Helm, Kubernetes, etc.
- Possess a strong understanding of Software Build process and how it connects to CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous delivery)
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
- Familiarity with Agile, Scrum, or Kanban frameworks
- Experience in providing DevSecOps implementation using Jenkins, Gitlab, or similar tools
- Experience with RPM packaging
My SAIC Benefits.