Job Description: SYSTEMS ENGINEER APPLICATION DEADLINE IS THURSDAY, MARCH 15, 2018 AT 11:59PM Division:
Information Technology Reports to:
Assistant Director of Information Technology Location:
Nashville, TN Full-time/Part-time:
Full-time Salary Grade:
41 Salary Range Minimum:
$5,482 FLSA Classification:
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons. POSITION SUMMARY
: Assists with the configuration and monitoring of all local and wide-area network (LAN/WAN) infrastructure and peripherals; assists with the installation, configuration, and usage of computer networks, computers, software, printers, and all other related peripherals throughout the organization. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitors network servers for problems and troubleshoots and resolves issues; designs, builds, and installs network servers with direction from the Senior Systems Engineer and/or Assistant Director of Information Technology (IT).
- Troubleshoots, supports, and upgrades existing organization applications to increase operating efficiency or to update to new task requirements.
- Assists Senior Systems Engineer and Assistant Director of IT with managing and maintaining the organization's voice and data network.
- Assists Senior Systems Engineer and Assistant Director with all IT systems disaster recovery planning and execution.
- Administers and maintains the organization's Active Directory Environment.
- Provides technical assistance to organization employees as necessary, including remote users, telecommuters, and vendors; works with Systems Support Manager to troubleshoot hardware, network, and application-specific software problems.
- Assists Senior Systems Engineer and Assistant Director of IT with research studies and testing methodologies to determine better usage of networks and implementation of new technologies within the organization.
May perform or lead research and make recommendations as to the selection of new technology solutions, including but not limited to hands-on testing with pilot programs, proof-of concepts, and beta testing that may involve any number of participants from IT or other agency divisions. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited two-year college or technical institute with a major in data processing, computer science, or other related acceptable field.
- Two years direct networking experience in a multi-server environment, evidenced by substantial full-time increasingly responsible professional information systems networking.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification a plus.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities, with specific knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies as shown below.
- Implementation and design experience with Cisco routers and switches and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).
- Working knowledge and experience with VMware infrastructure solutions.
- Knowledge of current Microsoft Operating Systems, Symantec products.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Ability to lift heavy equipment, occasionally in excess of 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
PI101422649 Click here to apply!