PSR Associates, Inc. is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA.
Note: This position is 100% onsite at client location. Client has stringent COVID-19 PPE protocols in place that MUST be followed at all times. No exceptions.
Job Description Summary:
The Government team is responsible for providing support and oversight to ensure the Government-funded projects’ financial requirements are met and understood. The role of Government Financial Analyst I is accountable for supporting preparation of timely and accurate proposal submissions, preparing periodic financial reports and invoices to Federal and State Government agencies, and coordination of annual audits under direct supervision of their manager.
- Compiles financial information and performs routine analysis for assigned government projects. Analyzes variances to budget/forecast at project/cost element level and seeks explanation of variances.
- Communicates funding agency regulatory requirements and contractual terms and conditions to internal partners.
- Interprets project cost data and communicates with project leaders to share knowledge from analysis.
- Prepares government project billings and identifies unallowable costs, assists in preparation of new proposal budgets and periodic project budget revisions, works closely with project managers to communicate project financial information.
- Supports government project closeout process, including submittal of final invoices.
- Maintains supporting data for preparation of Schedule of Federal Expenditure for annual financial statements and provides information to support annual audit process. Under supervision, prepares required regulatory reports.
- Responds to inquiries from funding agencies with supervision from manager.
Skills and Attributes:
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform job duties. Works under immediate supervision.
- Responsive and able to meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills (enterprise resource planning systems, Microsoft applications, data warehouse) are strongly preferred.
- Finance technical competency
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter; motivated
- Possesses fundamental business knowledge
- Understanding of confidentiality
- Effective team member; able to work well with others within the organization
- Inquisitive; innovative
- Works efficiently to agreed goals
- Follows up on open Account Receivable balances related to government projects.
- Follows established procedures for collecting and troubleshooting the data to ensure the reliability of financial data.
- Becomes familiar with available technology and strives for continuous process improvement.
- Identifies areas of risk or noncompliance and seeks direction to achieve resolution.
- Seeks to advance knowledge of government rules and regulations to support Accounting, contractors, project managers, management, and administrative staff.
- Supports the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close process by providing accruals, invoices and responding to information requests.
- Provides data, financial information, or analysis in response to ad hoc requests in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Mandatory Education and Experience: • Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or business is required. • 0-2 years' experience in accounting, financial analysis, and/or budgeting. • Familiar with common financial concepts, practices, and procedures. • Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (U.S. GAAP) is preferred. • Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and Uniform Grant Guidance preferred. • Understanding of project accounting concepts.
Ideal Candidate Skills and Attributes:
•Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform job duties. Works under immediate supervision.
•Responsive and able to meet deadlines
•Strong computer skills (enterprise resource planning systems, Microsoft applications, data warehouse) are strongly preferred.
•Finance technical competency
•Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills
•Possesses fundamental business knowledge
•Understanding of confidentiality
•Effective team member; able to work well with others within the organization
•Works efficiently to agreed goals