Provides and applies technical strategies in the designing, implementing, administering, maintaining and performance tuning database systems and related technologies. Provides technical consultation for enterprise and application project teams. Participate with members to identify and clarify strategy, address gaps, define and execute related policy/procedures and pursue improvement opportunities. This position is expected to work independently with minimal guidance and assistance with the technology supported.
- Day to day support and maintenance of assigned databases, including:
- Ensuring recoverability via backups or other solutions
- Ensuring high availability for business users
- Maintaining a strong security profile with patching, updates and audit logs
- Administering and documenting user accounts and maintaining authentication controls
- Monitoring capacity and growth and licenses
- Day to day customer service for assigned databases, including:
- Assisting users and resolving problems
- Proactively reviewing and researching for problems
- Assisting application teams in resolving performance problems
- Support of projects, including:
- Routine support tasks as assigned
- Design assistance and consulting including identification and documentation of design concerns related to performance, security, auditability, availability and recoverability
- Management of test and other non-production databases for the projects
- Performance, capacity, recovery and other testing
- Understands and considers standard concepts, best practices and procedures related to database development and administration.
- Working knowledge of multiple database applications, programming languages and/or system environments.
- Working knowledge of business goals, corporate IT standards, strategy and service level agreements.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of employees, both technical and non-technical.
- Establishes cooperative relationships with departments.
- Effective project team member, at times assuming leadership role for the project.
- Searches for and identifies alternative and/or innovative solutions to technical problems.
- Uses planning skills to manage and complete projects on time and on budget.
- Exercises sound judgment when making decisions.
- Quickly adapts to multiple demands and rapidly changing priorities.
- Education/Experience: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or other related field and 4 years of database administration experience OR 6 years of database administration experience <
Looking for an Exadata specialist. Ability to patch Exadata machines. Troubleshoot Compute nodes, Cell nodes, switches. Primary responsibility is to ensure availability, stability, and performance of the databases & the database servers.
Level (1-5, 5 being the highest)
Database performance tuning
Ability to proactively guide, engage and assist in database and environment performance tuning and effective communication/collaboration skills
Oracle Exadata experience
Strong Experience with Exadata Administration
Experience with Oracle 12C, 18C, 19C
Strong Experience with oracle 12C, 18C, 19C Administration