We are looking for driven and dynamic professionals like you to grow with us and shape our future!
Information Builders helps organizations transform data into business value. Our software solutions for business intelligence and analytics, integration, and data integrity empower people to make smarter decisions, strengthen customer relationships, and drive growth. Our dedication to customer success is unmatched in the industry. Thats why thousands of leading organizations rely on Information Builders to be their trusted partner. Information Builders is headquartered in New York City, with offices around the world, and remains one of the largest independent, privately held companies in the industry.
In addition to our industry-leading software solutions and outstanding customer service, our people are the heart and soul of our success. Passionate, dedicated, and driven, Information Builders employees are some of the most talented and creative professionals in the industry.Sales Development Representative
Compete with the best of the best for big rewards. Join the Information Builders Sales Team as a Sales Development Representative and get on track for built in step promotions (2 in your first 18 months)!
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is part of the North American Business Development Team and reports into a Regional Sales Development Manager. Territory responsibilities are often flexible and SDRs may shift territories over time to give them greater exposure to the full extent of our prospecting outreach. As a result, the SDR must be flexible on learning new vertical industries and business issues quickly.Location
: Arlington, VA Overall Responsibilities
The main objective of the SDR is to generate quality pipeline that results in opportunities for the outside sales force within a specified territory. The SDR is expected and required to make independent business decisions on a daily basis with the objective of attaining all their quarterly and annual goals. The primary mechanism of their outreach is via phone, email and social media. The SDR is expected to attend and excel in the same new sales hire training programs as the outside sales team. This includes extensive self-study of our online videos, whitepapers, demos and other learning materials. This is a very challenging position in a highly competitive market and with each milestone reached the SDR will have the opportunity for an in role step promotion. A successful SDR typically moves to the next level at stages 9 and 18 months.Examples of specific tasks SDRs are expected to perform:
- Extensive cold call phone outreach prospecting to identify qualified opportunities and secure meetings for the Account Executives.
- The ability to have a Business Conversation with a prospect and detail their business issue(s), impacts to the organization, goals, decision process, budget, timeframe, etc.
- Create and execute email campaigns that include specific targeted vertical or horizontal messaging.
- Meet or exceed the specified number of face to face and conference call meetings as stated in the compensation plan. These meetings are expected to result in pipeline opportunities.
- Represent Information Builders at marketing events. Often the SDRs are asked to set up the event, find prospects and follow up with those prospects to create meetings for the Account Executives. This can requires out of town travel.
- Create a strong partnership with each Account Executive you support. This can often result in the Account Executive inviting the SDR to attend the meetings the SDR creates. This provides invaluable experience for the SDR as to the details of the initial outside sales process.
- An SDR is expected to learn Information Builders technology solutions through self-study and active participation in all training programs that are offered.
- Extensive research is required at times to locate prospects for the various outreach programs they are creating and participating in. This requires knowledge of the use of many tools including SFDC, LinkedIn, Jigsaw, RainKing, Hoovers, and a variety of other similar tools.
- Communicate clearly and regularly with your sales team and manager on progress of outreach campaigns and projects.
- College graduate
- Can work independently, as well as part of a team with active supervision from the SDR manager
- High energy level
- Articulate and self-disciplined
- Ability to create outbound solution messaging both verbal and in written form
- Desire and capacity to understand technology
- Works well under pressure
- Likes to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Will attend and participate periodically in customer and prospect face to face meetings
- Ability to travel if required
- 1 to 3 years of lead generation (cold calling) experience in a sales/marketing environment or customer service experience is desirable (Technology or Marketing environment preferred)
If you are looking for a fresh career opportunity where you can really make a difference every day, wed love to hear from you!
Information Builders, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.