Who are We:
Orion is a leader in digital transformation and digital product development. A new breed of player with a unique combination of agility, scale and maturity, we're rooted in engineering and experience design with a team of over 4,000 associates located in delivery centers across the U.S., Asia, and Eastern Europe. We help enterprises develop their roadmap for digital transformation and deliver technology-driven efficiencies, improved customer experiences and new digital offerings. For further details visit www.orioninc.com.
Responsibilities in Brief:
As a Sales Lead / Director in Financial Services (FS) you will be responsible for two primary aspects:
1. Account Growth: Client Services
o Covering Orion's Existing Clients and grow the firm's business with these clients through consultative selling & adoption of the Digital Solutions & Services.
o You will be directly interacting with senior client executives to understand their strategic business goals, business / technology / operations priorities and help them design solutions, services to meet these goals by leveraging Orion's capabilities & competency areas.
o Develop, own & manage account plan, sales strategies, respond to and deliver on client requests; respond to RFI's/RFP's, technology & service's needs. Proactively identify opportunities, make solution proposals, presentations to client in line with account & client strategy.
o Own the entire account operations process - budgeting, forecasting, MSA/contracts/SOW, invoices
o Oversee the delivery of Orion's commitments to clients by working closely with various service delivery teams, practices, architecture, engineering, UX, and information security.
2. Named Accounts / Sales - New Customer Acquisition
o As Sales lead your role will be to purse GTM strategy for Named Accounts from pursuit to closure
o Leading sales and market development efforts including segmentation, demand generation, and sales progression
o Developing, leading marketing campaigns designed to generate leads and new qualified opportunities within customer segments/micro verticals and named account list
o Pipeline management - maintaining accuracy of sales management system to document the status of campaigns, leads, and opportunities
o Mapping of client/prospect business, technology, operations needs to Orion's capability areas. Shaping digital solutions and services that address specific problem areas, challenges & pain areas.
o Engaging with internal teams in constructing the solution scope, presenting those solution proposals to client / prospect and consulting with client/prospect in explaining benefits, execution methodologies associated with the solution scope
o Leading estimations / costs related to the solution scope during the opportunity bid process
* The role also requires being a strategic advisor, provide management consulting becoming a coach / guide to stakeholders in the process.
* You will need to be a Thought Leader in the Financial Services space with good understanding of macro & micro trends, impact of various technologies and key enablers of Digital Transformation.
* Strategic alliances & partnerships. This role may require teaming up with strategic partners or alliances for purposes of a sale to provide advisory/consulting/solution design and execution - e.g. partnership with Fintech/Insurtech provider or SaaS based Platform provider etc.
* You will need to contribute to Digital marketing to develop mindshare for Orion's Digital Transformation solutions offerings / assets through Webinars, Campaigns, Seminar presentations, road-shows etc.
* You will be required to continuously lead and manage C-Suite relationships, steering committee for engagements, grow & nurture the relationships opened through new client acquisition process.
* Requires solid understanding of FS Domains - (We are not looking for generalist sales) requires high degree of domain led consultative selling
* Requires significant interaction with business, technical, operations stakeholders. Communication will be a key
* Requires good understanding and prior experience of selling & managing Tier 1 /2 Financial Services relationships
o Banking & Financial Services: Retail, Commercial, Cards & Payments, Wealth Management, Investment Banking, Capital Markets, Asset Management
* Required solid understand of digital solutions areas and use-case based consulting/selling in select domains - Front-Office, Middle-Office, Back-Office, Marketing, Sales & Services, Customer Onboarding, Risk, Regulatory & Compliance
* Requires good understanding of Digital Transformation, relevant technologies, industry leaders in Sales & Services (e.g. CRM), Digital Experience Platforms, Cloud, Infrastructure Services, API Management, DevOps, Data/Analytics, Omni Channel Solutions, RPA/Automation, Customer Experience, UX, Managed Services, Application Services
* Preference will be given for either having worked or sold as a Platform/System Integrator or from one of management consulting / professional services firms in at least one of the following:
o Core Banking
o Retail Banking platforms
o Commercial banking
o Wealth / Investment Banking / Capital Markets
o Risk & Regulatory Compliance
o Cards & Payments
Some Skills we believe should stand out:
Proven track record of success in technology sales positions focused on Financial Services
Focus on Revenue, Customer success and Cost Management
Expert in solution sales and domain led sales
Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the Information Technology industry.
Excellent organizational skills, team working skills and attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in engineering or Science, or another industry-related field required; MBA preferred.
At least 10 years of Software engineering sales / IT sales experience including five years in financial services technology sales.
Travel requirement for the role can go beyond 80% of the time.