Axtria is a leading global provider of cloud software and data analytics to the Life Sciences industry. We help Life Sciences companies transform the product commercialization journey to drive sales growth and improve healthcare outcomes for patients. We are acutely aware that our work impacts millions of patients and lead passionately to improve their lives.
Since our founding in 2010, innovation has been our winning differentiation, and we continue to leapfrog competition with platforms that deploy Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Our cloud-based platforms - Axtria DataMax™, Axtria InsightsIQ™, Axtria SalesIQ™, and Axtria MarketingIQ™ - enable clients to efficiently manage data, leverage data science to deliver insights for sales and marketing planning, and manage end-to-end commercial operations. We work with over 100 Life Sciences companies, many with multiple engagements globally across 75+ countries. We continue to win industry recognition for growth and are featured in some of the most aspirational lists – INC 5000, Deloitte FAST 500TM, NJBiz FAST 50, SmartCEO Future 50, Red Herring 100, and several other growth and technology awards.
Axtria is looking for exceptional talent to join our rapidly growing global team. People are our biggest perk! Axtria is recognized for its organizational culture in both US and India, including certification by the Great Place to Work® Institute. Our transparent and collaborative culture offers a chance to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry. Axtria Institute, our in-house university, offers the best training in the industry and an opportunity to learn in a structured environment. A customized career progression plan ensures every Axtrian is setup for success and able to do meaningful work in a fun environment. We want our legacy to be the leaders we produce for the industry. Will you be next?
This position will be directly responsible for helping Axtria in delivering Sales and Marketing Analytics solutions to its Clients.
Success in this position requires…
- Lead global team to deliver operational analytics, sales operations or business technology-oriented projects for sales operations teams within the LS industry. Projects will be primarily related to (but not limited to) incentive compensation, customer targeting and call planning (heuristics or response model based), ad-hoc analysis and reporting.
- Provide data analytics, data insights, information management, business process management including planning, deployment and performance management services by leveraging Axtria’s advanced cloud-based platforms and other leading industry solutions.
- Work with the client to understand the business objectives, leverage data, analytics and technology to propose and implement a solution.
- Make presentations and recommendations to clients.
- Work hands-on with client business teams with limited or no oversight.
- Assist in the design/setup, communication, and implementation of incentive programs
- Track and deliver IC reports on incentive calculations back to Axtria’s clients
- Collaborate with offshore to administer incentive compensation programs
- Leverage latest visualization and analytical tools & techniques (Excel, SQL, Tableau/Qlikview, and others) to derive and display data insights for Axtria’s clients
- Understand and solve business problems, by helping to define business requirements and develop solutions for clients as part of on-site opportunities or consulting projects managed by Axtria
- Learn and apply Axtria’s sound data management and governance practices to ensure data consistency, quality and ease of access
- Work on concurrent projects ensuring exceptional client satisfaction and on-time deliverables
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in Sales Operations or Sales Incentives.
- Ability to synthesize and communicate actionable insights to clients, most of whom come from non-technical background, through oral and written presentations
- Develop client relationships and serve as key point of contact on aspects of project
- Experience in people management. Ability to work in large teams spread across the globe in different time zones and locations
- Familiarity with different types of pharmaceutical data-sets (Xponent, DDD, CRM, SPP, SHA and others)
- Familiarity using the following analytical tools: Excel, SAS, VBA, and SQL. As well as excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate analytical findings
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills that allow for multi-tasking concurrent projects
- Drive and desire to work and learn in a growing entrepreneurial fast paced organization with a global delivery model
Logistics and Location:
- Berkeley Heights, NJ
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply.
- Flexibility to travel and/or relocate within the US as per project requirements.
The exact nature of duties as well as the salary and compensation package will be commensurate with experience and salary history.