Role: SalesForce Developer
Location: Washington, DC
Duration: 8 months - One year contract
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Experience with Force.com integrations to various systems, platforms, and data migration.
- Lead design discussions with users, technical and functional stakeholders to analyze Salesforce.com functional, technical, integration and data needs and clarify, refine and document requirements.
- Critically evaluate information and data from multiple sources. Reconcile differences and troubleshoot issues.
- Be adept at decomposing high-level business needs into Salesforce.com requirements and explaining detailed technical concepts at a high level.
- Collaborating with other developers within to design solutions that efficiently deliver the required enhancements on time and within budget.
- Ownership of all technical aspects of Salesforce.com, including data migrations, data quality, systems integrations, 3rd party applications, AppExchange products, and custom code
- Responsible for developing in Visualforce, Apex, Java, AJAX, and other technologies to build customized solutions that support business requirements and drive key business decisions
- Designing and delivering enhancements and new functionality to support the business using the Force.com platform features including: custom objects and fields, workflows, approval processes, Apex Code and Visualforce.
- Collaborate with developers, product managers, subject matter experts and users to communicate the proposed solution vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to translate requirements into application and operational deliverables.
- Research business requirements, document user stories, test cases and collaborate with SFDC developers to estimate level of effort
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or related field
- 7+ years' application development and design experience
- 5+ years developing solutions in a Salesforce environment utilizing the following:
- APEX, Apex Web Services, Apex Callouts. Apex Classes, Triggers, Batch Apex, Controllers, Scheduler, Visualforce Pages, Salesforce Communities, Components, SOQL, SOSL, DML, Email Services, Outbound Messaging, SOAP API, REST API, Force.com Canvas, Cloud Integration Toolkits
- Certified Force.com Developer (DEV-401) or Certified Force.com Advanced Developer (DEV-501) mandatory
- Certified Salesforce.com Administrator (ADM-201) or equivalent experience
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce.com platform out-of-the-box functionality and configuration
- Solid understanding of and detailed experience with Salesforce.com architecture and API
- Strong working knowledge of APEX (classes, triggers and web services), Visual Force, Salesforce APIs, SOQL, Force.com platform
- Proficiency in HTML, XML, C#/Java and web services
- Experience using advanced SQL and Excel skills
- Experience using Salesforce data tools (Data Loader, Excel Connector, DemandTools, Eclipse Force.com IDE)
- Experience integrating Salesforce.com with other applications via real-time, batch, sync/async
- Understanding of UI design principles and best practices
- Professional experience in a test-driven and formal QA development environment, including development/staging/production (or similar) deployment cycles
- In-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the SFDC CRM application coupled with good understanding of the business processes (Sales, Marketing, Partner Management, etc.)
- Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering, creating/deploying solutions to end-users
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Knowledge of Agile development practices, particularly sprint planning and assessment
- Understanding of Enterprise Service bus/Service Oriented Architecture, especially via TIBCO, highly desirable.
- Knowledge of administrative policies and procedures for financial and enrollment processes at higher education institutions is a plus.
25356 Herring Creek Drive||Chantilly, VA