Clayton Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway company and the nation’s leading housing provider, is a vertically integrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing. Our commitment to creating a World Class Customer Experience is unparalleled in the housing industry; we take pride in ensuring that all Clayton homeowners receive a high level of customer service from the time they visit one of our Home Centers all the way through to the time they take ownership of their new home.
The Salesforce.com Developer/System Administrator is responsible for the day to day management and administration of the Salesforce environment. As a member of the CRM team, the candidate is responsible for configuring and customizing the platform in order to implement new business requirements while also assisting with onboarding new user groups. The teammate will also actively monitor and maintain the CRM platform while providing expertise and best practices when implementing new functionality and integrating new systems.
- Responsible for configuring and customizing the CRM environment based upon business and functional requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluating system performance including performing regular system maintenance, event monitoring, backups, and data cleansing activities.
- Responsible for providing governance and best practices with integrating new systems, installing 3rd party applications, and upgrading the Salesforce environment.
- Responsible for change management including promoting new functionality to production and maintaining development and testing environments.
- Support the CRM team and business teams with expertise about core CRM functionality and capability by providing solutions to business problems.
- Work with management and application stakeholders to identify new opportunities to leverage the platform.
- Participate in full life cycle development including requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, testing, maintenance, and documentation.
- Responsible for providing technical assistance and training to end users, other development teams, management, etc.
- Assist with on-going production support.
- Keep abreast of and communicate new Salesforce features and functionality that can be leveraged by the organization.
- 3+ years in Salesforce development/administration experience with a strong understanding of Force.com applications and proven experience in Visualforce/Apex development.
- Experience with Salesforce.com Web Services APIs - Force.com SOAP and REST-based Web Service APIs, the Bulk API, and the Metadata API
- Software engineering skills with Java SE & EE (Java, JSF, SQL) preferred
- Experience and knowledge of relational databases, data modeling, and ETL tools
- Strong ability to translate functional requirements into technical specifications and determining when customization is required over configuration.
- Proficient in creating custom objects, validation rules, workflows, process automation, reporting, and dashboards.
- Proficient in configuring page layouts designed for different business profiles and requirements that is accessible for desktop, tablet, and mobile interfaces.
- Working knowledge of Shield Platform Encryption
- Strong development, debugging, and optimization skills
- Detail-oriented with very good organization and project management skills
- Experience working as part of an agile development team.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be comfortable communicating with all levels of the organization, have good interpersonal skills, and display good team work ethics
- Team player, self-starter, and motivated with the ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines
- Can operate independently and prioritize work requirements with minimal supervision
- Sound ethical judgment and the ability to be trusted to work with sensitive information
Desired Skills (not required):
- Experience implementing and administering Salesforce Communities including designing the community, configuring functionality, and managing users.
- Experience designing and implementing a mobile strategy.
- Salesforce Administrator or Developer Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Business Analytics and/or equivalent formal training and work experience
- 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Paid Time Off days and holidays
- Wellness Programs and On-site workout facility
- On-site restaurant
- Team Share Quarterly Bonus
You will find much more information about Clayton Homes by visiting our website at: