The Office of Information Technology (OCIT) seeks a highly skilled Salesforce Developer/Administrator with experience in a large organization, preferably within the public sector. This position is responsible for the design, development and implementation, and maintenance of Salesforce solutions. This position is responsible for the design, development and implementation of new computer software systems as well as maintaining and enhancing existing systems.
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES
- Lead the architecture & technical planning process for new & existing features; create detailed design in support of the requirements;
- Develop logical and high-quality code which meets functional specifications along with technical requirements for reusability, maintainability, and scalability when appropriate
- Establish best practices around Salesforce.com solutions
- Configure and customize the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and BasicGov environment based upon business and functional requirements.
- Work as mentor/technical lead and provide technical assistance as required to other programming staff.
- Collaborate with other developers, business analysts, project managers, business users, vendors, and management.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & CORE COMPETENCIES
The ideal candidates will possess a bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, information systems, or a closely related field and at least five (5) years of experience in application development and maintenance. The ideal candidate will also have a minimum of two (2) years' experience as a lead software developer over medium to large enterprise IT projects. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess extensive knowledge and/or experience in the following core competencies:
- Utilizing Force.com developer toolkit - Apex, Visual Force, Force.com IDE, Force.com Migration Tool, Web Services/SOA & Metadata APIs
- Advanced knowledge and experience of Salesforce data modeling, ETL, integration, reporting, and dashboard best practices; Proficiency with the Salesforce data loader for import, update, and export activities in Salesforce
- Creating custom objects, validation rules, workflows, process automation
- Experienced with Salesforce Lightning
- Working with Customer Relationship Management and BasicGov
- Understanding of object oriented programming concepts and design patterns.
- Possession of Salesforce Certification - Salesforce Admin and Developer Certifications
- Mentoring and providing technical assistance to other team members
- Researching new technologies including creating and maintaining processes, procedures, and coding standards for staff
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Identifying and resolving technical issues and problems through good judgment and decision making
- Analyzing problems and proposing solutions while dealing with changing priorities
- Developing and delivering effective written and verbal communication with stakeholders
- Creating rapport and negotiating with vendors/department staff to correct or mitigate contract performance issues or conflicts
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS To learn more about the minimum qualifications and physical and mental requirements and environmental conditions for the Sr. IT Applications Developer classification: http://www.ocgov.com/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?BlobID=19204