SENIOR IT SECURITY ENGINEER – PENETRATION TESTER
ALTA IT Services has a new contract to hire opening for a Senior Penetration Tester to support a leading health insurance customer in SW Washington DC. This position has no direct reports, but does serve in a senior capacity for more junior Cyber Security Specialists.
Candidates must be eligible for work in the United States without sponsorship. Individuals selected for hire must pass a pre-employment background investigation.
The position requires 5-8 years of cyber security experience, with a specific focus on penetration testing.
- Experience conducting penetration testing and Red Team activities including Wi-Fi, web application and social engineering engagements.
- Experience maintaining tools and documentation required for engagements
- Proficiency in research and a demonstrated ability maintain industry awareness
- Ability to summarize and represent findings to stakeholders and leadership
- An understanding of vulnerability management and mitigation of vulnerabilities
- Experience with mimicking TTPs of APTs and insider threats
- Knowledge of attack frameworks
- Attention to detail and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Extensive process and documentation skills.
- This position requires a HS diploma or GED and relevant work experience in penetration testing, red team activities and/or social engineering.
- Must demonstrate understanding of industry standard Best Practices
- Scripting experience
- Prior IT, networking, or vulnerability management experience
- Experience with physical security engagements
- OSCP, GIAC GPEN, GWAPT or other Penetration Testing certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, CS, or related field
HOURLY RATE RANGE DURING CONTRACT: $65.00/hr. to $80.00/hr. W2. C2C is OK during contract but the position will convert to full time/direct hire status after 6 months.
CONVERSION SALARY RANGE: $126,000 plus a generous benefits and paid time off package
For consideration please contact Melissa McNally via email@example.com
ALTA IT Services, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.