SENIOR APPLICATION SECURITY DEVELOPER (JAVA)
ALTA IT Services has an immediate opening for a Senior Application Security Developer with a strong Java (prefer Java 8) background to support a leading health insurer in downtown Washington DC.
- Java Development
- Security development
- Application Security Engineering
- DevOps Engineering
The expected duration is 6 months+ with very strong potential for follow-on work. This is a very stable working environment.
Candidates must be eligible for work in the United States without sponsorship. The candidate selected for hire must pass a pre-employment background investigation.
AN ONSITE INTERVIEW IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- This is a new, critical role to build out an application security practice. The team handles a large amount of internally developed SW. The role will require a strong Java Developer with strong abilities in development and analysis from a security perspective
- This role day to day will be a Security Software Developer. It will require a significant software development background (i.e. a senior-level Java Developer with DevOps)
- Java 8 strongly desired
- Large amounts of time will be spent reviewing code for security. The Application Security Developer wil retrieve source code from BitBucket, drill down into Java files, interpret and read what’s going on in each file
- Strong understanding of ID input validation and query parameterization required
- Ability to identify areas where untrusted data is entering in to an application, identify lack of security controls
- Skills in the automation of source code desired
- Static application security testing (i.e. Fortify, Checkmark, AppScan) required
- Strong experience with Web services development for Java – SOAP AND Rest. Manual code reviews will be required
- SW security testing required
- Understand Jenkins Continuous Integrations (The team will be automating security testing)
- Familiar with writing remediation fixes, how to write a query parameterization
A well-qualified candidate will be very well versed in these tools: BitBucket, Artifactory, IntelliJ, ***Maven***
Spring and Struts, SonarQube, FindBug, Java 8, .EAR file, , JAR, .OAR, Jenkins Jira, WebSphere, API documentation, swagger 2.0, OLAP, solid PowerShell, bash, JQ, JS, Java Key store
HOURLY RATE: $75/hr. to $80/hr. range, commensurate with experience. Benefits available.
For consideration please contact Melissa McNally via email@example.com
ALTA IT Services LLC. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.