Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software.
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
- Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software. Evaluates effectiveness.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Acts as team leader on projects.
- Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of others on the development team.
- Participates in development of software user manuals and technical reports.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical
- 15+ Year s of relevant experience
- As the Scrum Master, runs daily stand-ups, removing impediments, leading sprint retrospectives.
- Responsible for the backlog, planning with the Product Owner, identifying risks on the project driving release Planning and scheduling, and stakeholder communications.
- Develops digital tools and databases for multiple platforms, including .Net, SQL Server, MS SharePoint, and MS Access.
- Provided support for certification and accreditation processes, and 508 compliance requirements.
- Certified Salesforce Administrator
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM).
- Public Trust Clearance - HIGH
Nice to Have:
- Already possess a FEMA Public Trust Clearance
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and Agile practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes automation, and testing automation
- Experience with using product backlog and defect management tools, such as JIRA
- Proven ability to develop system architectures and detailed designs of varying complexity for customers; understanding of a broad range of data structures, algorithms, OOD principles, and design patterns
- Ability to perform design and implementation across all system tiers, including front-end user interfaces, service layers, business and domain logic, and back-end data storage platforms
- Ability to understand the big picture; effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions; research, learn, and experiment with software tools, technologies, and hardware
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/undefined problems
- Experience in communicating with users and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers
- Experience with leveraging and implementing DevOps, continuous exploration, continuous integration, and continuous delivery methodologies and tools
This is a full time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance. To be considered for this position, please apply online with a cover letter and MS Word resume.
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.