Salesforce Platform DeveloperJob Description:
Researches, designs, develops operates and maintains support services for existing and new business applications and/or information systems solutions through integration of technical and business requirements per standard company IT process methodology (such as ITIL and ITSM). Includes identification, development and prioritization of support services according to business criticality. Applications and information systems solutions include both 3rd party software and internally developed applications and infrastructure. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analysis of business requirements, configuration of 3rd party software implementation of infrastructure solutions, creation of documentation, testing and maintenance of applications, and support and maintenance of infrastructure and information systems. Works within the Information Technology function, obtaining resources and working in support of objectives and strategies. Participates in architecture reviews to ensure that solutions comply with standards and uses approved technologies. Typical customers are company end users and various functional areas such as Supply Chain, Research and Development, Marketing, Finance, a business, or the company. Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
- Participates as a member of and/or leads IT technical team or teams of support engineers on applications or sub domain. Represent team(s) as liaison to the end users. Develop innovative team solutions to complex problems. Independently implements end- user or enterprise infrastructure/Application or services of significant complexity.
- Applies deep broad knowledge of technology and industry trends to operate, and administer high risk critical infrastructure or software platforms and user groups of high complexity. Demonstrates technical leadership and exerts influence outside of immediate team. May act as an Incident Life cycle coordinator or service delivery lead to provide resolution for complex issues. Integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions for the company and customers. Mentors and consults with team members and other organizations, customers and vendors on complex issues. Contributes to strategic direction for teams. Independently resolves highly complex technical issues within a given technical area. Partners with members of a team and other IT teams as appropriate; leads technical team while resolving key issues. Identifies potential escalations and proactively alerts management; leads and escalates through L3. Proactively searches for issues and provides solutions to prevent problems from occurring in area of responsibility including patch management. Independently reviews and manages highly complex and high risk changes to critical business systems. Provides mentoring and guidance to other technologists or developers. Participates in the Change Advisory or Technical Advisory Board. Ensures the service level management process is adhered to by continuous review with partners and business users.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems Computer Science or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Salesforce developer certification (required)
- Salesforce Pardot (highly desirable)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and technical leadership skills. Strong experience with infrastructure environments (e.g. operating system, hardware, data center, security, network, voice, end user and serverweb related applications).
- Strong experience with business IT applications (e.g. marketing, customer relationship mgmt, finance) .
- Strong experience in scripting and/or programming language. Strong experience with implementation, problem analysis and solutioning of infrastructure and business application environments. Foundational or expert knowledge and experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL). Web technologies. Exhibits a high level of initiative and integrity. Strong problem solving, priority setting, and collaboration skills. Good organizational and analytical skills.
- Possess creative ability, consulting skills, leadership qualities, credibility and self confidence. Influencing skills and ability to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team. Demonstrated technical leadership skills. Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements and solutions.
Information TechnologyMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status