Req ID: VMS0008371
Title: Salesforce Project Manager/BA
Location: Newark, NJ
Target Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 15 months+
Right to hire: No
Salesforce Project Manager will manage complex projects from conception to delivery. Essential skills: Project Life Cycle knowledge, Project Management Methodologies: Agile and Waterfall, MS Project & JIRA.
Project Manager will manage complex projects from conception to delivery. Responsible for providing leadership and direction to project team maintains control of the process, quality of work and budget. Consultant must have proven ability to deliver high quality business solutions and have experience organizing the details of the project, allocate internal and/or external resources to accomplish project tasks. Based on level, consultant accepts responsibility for achieving the project objectives. Manages quality, timeliness and cost of the deliverable. Reports project status frequently.
Project Manager will gather requirements and run solution concept workshops to understand business needs within the Salesforce Sales Cloud application. This position will be expected to oversee and manage the complete lifecycle of AGILE projects including oversight for all business, operations and technical efforts. S/He will be responsible for the overall health of the Salesforce portfolio including managing the backlogs and ensure appropriate resources are assigned. S/He will also be responsible for the communication to Key Executive Leadership, Stakeholders, IT Senior Management and Development.
- Provide project management, prioritization, direction, and leadership to team members in order to accomplish defined project deliverables.
- Develop project scope, project plans and communication plans
- Engage with business stakeholders to facilitate business process analysis, gather requirements
- Manage and monitor all project deliverables to successful completion through AGILE methodology, leverage PMO best practices and complete project artifacts as appropriate.
- Actively create and manage project work plans, issues, risks, and key decisions.
- Create metrics to measure project success
- Conduct lessons learned meetings/surveys and analyze data and report to sponsor and team
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on a wide array of projects.
- Extensive experience in project lifecycle management, feasibility analysis and conceptual design through development, implementation, training and rollout.
- Create supporting documentation - functional specifications, data maps, project plan, etc.
- Facilitate end user testing, related documentation and sign offs
- Manage end to end program implementation of the IT projects and ensure all program objectives are met
- Build collaborative relationships with stakeholders and with business partners to achieve project goals
- Communicate regular status updates, risks, etc. to the steering committee including IT and Sale steam members
- Strong interpersonal and management skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact/influence/negotiate effectively at all levels of management and peers.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the field of Project Management, maintaining a solid understanding of the field and its related technologies.
- Strong Salesforce Lightning or Classic platform experience.
- Business and financial acumen, with proven ability to manage scope, timeline, risk etc.
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Project, JIRA and other project management tools and methodologies, including knowledge of and ability to utilize implementation methodologies and deliverable templates (Resource Plan; Work Plan; Test Plan; Implementation Plan; etc.)
- Jira or Confluence experience is a must
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and contribute in a team environment
- Developing ability to engage in Strategic thinking and decision making beyond the project level
- Advanced knowledge or practice of Agile Project Management methodologies; understanding of Waterfall and Scaled Agile methodologies preferred
- Outstanding organizational skills and time management skills, with ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated team-building experience
- Strong technical, analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to determine level and method of communication required for diverse audience, and ability to adapt communication style
- Management of global project teams in a matrixed environment
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Life-cycle
- PMP (or equivalent) Certification desired
- Agile Certification desired