Join a financial group that's as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. Our 14,000 diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better-from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world's most trusted financial group Sanctions Data Analyst, Vice President
Responsible for the development of business requirements and data analysis for data feeding Compliance systems such as Sanctions Screening and Anti-Money Laundering. Assigned some of the most complex projects. Applies specific knowledge of the business and of system technologies to solve business problems. Conducts business requirements sessions with a diverse group of stakeholders and presents completed detailed business requirements for approval. Works with technical teams to ensure that product manager's needs are met by proposed solutions. Creates and executes UAT test plans. Works with product managers to understand data and reporting needs. Conducts research to find available data sources and implement enhancements required to capture missing data elements. Validates that external and internal data sources are correct. Major responsibilities
- Lead the business data requirements analysis for Compliance projects. Responsibilities include: working with the business and technical resources to determine to best data sources to meet the business and system data requirements; mapping source systems data to target systems data; documenting any transformation logic required; performing data analysis against large data sets to determine which data is best meets the requirements; documenting SIT data test plan, executing the plan, reporting issues and re-testing as needed; validating the data to production; mentoring less experienced team members to improve their skills. 35%
- Understand and develop solutions for the application's data and reporting needs. Learn the business meaning for the different data elements used throughout the organization and how they apply to each other. Develop internal and external data sources from which ad-hoc queries and regular reports can be run. Implement database structures to support data analysis. Verify results are correct before publishing. Work with the business when necessary to help validate their data is correct. 35%
- Become a subject matter expert in Compliance bank data related to payments, wires and transactions. 20%
- Actively ensure compliance with the Bank's Business Standards of Conduct and all Patriot Act, CIP, Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Secrecy Act, Information Security and suspicious activity reporting requirements, and other regulatory and compliance policies and procedures. Actively participate in any required corporate and business line compliance training. 10%
- 5 years of experience performing data analysis against financial services related transactional data;
- Experience with Payment/Wires Processing technology data formats such as EDI 820, SWIFT, FED, CHIPS, NACHA
- Understanding of AML Compliance issues facing financial institutions and have experience with US OFAC and other regions sanctions reporting requirements
- Executive presence and ability to interact with C-level executives and regulators
- Have a strong Technical and strategic understanding of the architecture necessary to oversee and leverage platforms in an aggressive growth environment.
- Must be a strong communicator and leader. Ability to be flexible, decision oriented, and motivated to establish support from senior management. Ability to approach strategic decisions in a consultative manner with a particular emphasis on delivery. Must be an exceptionally strong technologist, with a superior intellectual capacity, who is a natural leader, bringing a business perspective to the organization.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of the system development life cycles, client area functions and system, and application program development alternatives.
- Solid project development/management skills and a proven track record in managing vendor relationships and contract negotiation
- Must be able to build a strong technology strategy
- Must be able to understand the impact of technology trends on the bank's current Risk and Security technology capabilities
- Knowledge of regulations governing Risk and Security technology
- Strong knowledge of the inherent risks with current Compliance practices
- Proven record of influencing and driving change
- Strong ability to build and lead high performance teams
- Ability to recognize a crisis when it happens and know how to lead in a crisis
- Understand complex business problems
- Ability to inspire and motivate others
- Ability to educate peers and stakeholders on the value of IT
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed.; They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.