Please note that this is a 6+ months contract position.
Location: Selected candidates need to travel 50% of the time and work remotely 50%. The candidate will need to be able to travel about 50% of the time, with a variable time schedule. At times several back to back weeks will be necessary.
The client will compensate for travel and hotel arrangements.
The candidate must be able to grasp digital Video Compression systems. They will be traveling to Horsham PA and San Diego for training. They will accompany current Deployment Engineers to locations around the country for training. Once trained, they will travel to locations for installing and upgrading Modular Systems
The client is seeking an individual to install, upgrade, maintain, and troubleshoot compression systems at critical broadcast customer facilities. This position deals with complex networked video systems residing on customer wide area networks. In this role, you will work with a variety of technologies including Digital TV, Satellite RF broadcast, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, HEVC, HDMI, and Ethernet.
Working with Project Management and the Support Team, you will be responsible for the development of site plans related to installation and upgrades of Digital Video Solutions for Cable Television and Telecommunication Providers around the country.
Education & Experience:
• Degree/Certificate in computer science / Information Management Systems / Telecommunications / Engineering or any other technical field or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years’ experience with networked computer systems, video a plus.
• Travel-ready, 50%.
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and identify system-level issues.
• Hands-on technical experience with computers and networking
• Work experience in satellite distribution, digital cable, telecommunications, video systems, MPEG encoding
• Network routing, digital video routing, grooming, and transmission, telco and broadcaster applications desirable.
• Experience with Linux, OpenVMS, Unix, SQL, Juniper JNCIA or Cisco CCNA certification would be an advantage
• Experience in network engineering, particularly TCP/IP, UDP/IP, Multicast, Routing, Switching, Network Administration and Troubleshooting
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number A476.