At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds- hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Perform as the prime technical engineer for a satellite subsystem in a 24hr seven day-a-week environment.
- Analyzing system hardware state-of-health.
- Providing engineering technical support in response to system issues/discrepancies.
- Perform calibration activities to ensure specification requirements are met.
- Create/maintain documentation and procedures associated with the system.
- Interface with factory team and other support contractors.
- Provide technical briefings to the customer and company management.
- Occasional call-ins and travel are required.
Job location is in the Newington/Springfield, VA area.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Typically has 2 - 5 years
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition Learn more about Lockheed Martin-s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Basic Qualifications:
Technical problem solving skills, basic Microsoft Office skills to include Project, good written and oral communication skills. Engineering degree such as Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, computer Science.
Active TS/SCI, ability to obtain CI Poly Desired Skills:
Related Satellite Engineering experience, some Project Management experience, familiarity with Linux, Unix, Perl, MATLAB and C++
Engineering degree (Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, computer, etc-) Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.