Our client is preparing the next wave of features that leverage its internally sourced maps. The team is developing tools to analyze and process data automatically at scale. We are looking for a Scala Developer who is a self-motivated team player, thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, passionate about building great products and learning new technologies. As the Scala Developer, you will be responsible for analyzing & writing code to fix some of the issues observed in the data. You'll also be responsible for designing and developing critical tools for the Maps data platforms, interacting with product managers and other stakeholders to understand various needs and translate them into highly performing code to operate on a large dataset efficiently.
* Exceptional object-oriented programming skills Scala preferred and Python
* Experience working with large data sets and pipelines, ideally using tools and libraries of Hadoop ecosystem such as Spark, HDFS, YARN and Hive
* Experience with Solr/ Lucene, Cassandra and related technologies is plus
* Drive and passion for building software, do what it takes in both ability and attitude
* Excellent analytical, debugging and problem solving skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Passion for geo-spatial data exploration
* Minimum Bachelors degree in CS or equivalent with 4 - 6 years industry experience
* Experience with geo-spatial tools like Arc or QGIS and familiarity with computational geometry are a plus.