OBXtek has an opening on the Staffing and Technical Acquisition Services Support (STAQSS) prime contract for the Headquarters Air Force. This position is for a Scientific Analyst, Senior who will support the Munitions Export License Application (MELA) team. The primary function of this position is evaluating export license applications, commodity jurisdiction requests, voluntary disclosures, and preparing recommended responses for the Air Force to provide to DoD’s Defense Technology Security Administration (DTSA).
**This position is currently telework eligible due to COVID, with in person meetings happening infrequently. When JBAB re-opens fully, this position will be 100% onsite.
The analyst will work on cases involving a wide variety of technologies, including fixed wing military aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicles, military communications, navigation, radar, space, rockets and missiles, training systems and simulators, software, and gas turbine engines.
The tasks for this position include:
- Analyzing and assessing proposed direct commercial sales exports or re-transfers to prevent international transfer of U.S. military technology when such transfer is not in the best interests of the United States. Proposed exports may include hardware, technical data, technical assistance agreements, manufacturing license agreements, and foreign person employee licenses.
- Analyzing commodity jurisdiction (CJ) requests submitted by U.S. industry and U.S. government, applying the Order of Review to determine the appropriate jurisdiction and U.S. Munitions List (USML) or Commerce Control List category applicable to a commodity or service.
- Analyzing and assessing the effect of unauthorized exports of hardware, technical data, and defense services on U.S. national security.
- Maintaining and applying current knowledge of U.S. Government export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Parts 120-130) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730-774).
- Researching and applying U.S. Air Force foreign disclosure policy, and maintaining knowledge of existing policies.
- Researching precedent cases (licenses, CJs, etc.) and evaluating the applicability of those precedents to the case under consideration.
- Interfacing with various Air Force personnel and support contractors (including acquisition program offices, research laboratories and foreign disclosure officials) to provide awareness of license requests, CJs, and disclosures; and to solicit and incorporate these personnel’s feedback into recommendations.
- Drafting clear, concise, and accurate written summaries of each case, highlighting the relevant background information and the recommended course of action, with appropriate justification for the recommendation.
- Collaborating with team members to refine draft positions.
- Complying with security requirements to ensure protection of sensitive, proprietary and/or classified information.
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Strong writing and analysis capabilities.
- Master's degree in Science, Engineering, or relevant technical discipline.
- 10 years of experience in defense acquisitions planning, or interpreting & implementing federal export regulations.
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia and founded in 2009, OBXtek is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field. Our mission is Our People…Our Reputation. Our people are trained professionals who enhance our customers’ knowledge and innovation using technology, collaboration, and education.
We offer a robust suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO. Our rapid growth has been recognized by INC500, the Washington Business Journal, and Washington Technology magazine.
OBXtek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.