Please note that this is a 1 year contract position.
Note: Resource must be available to work onsite at corporate offices in Herndon, VA or Chantilly, VA.
• Provides program guidance and technical expertise to management and stakeholders to facilitate planning, set direction, define business initiatives, and develop solutions to business information systems needs and requirements. Coordinates and provides directions on a project basis.
• Oversees business process initiatives with stakeholders by capturing and defining system requirements utilizing business goals. Develops process flow diagrams, flowcharts, traceability matrices and other appropriate diagrams.
• Supports planning, development and execution of business requirements and solutions. Creates business requirements and provides preliminary scope documents to provide estimates.
• Help develop system specifications that translate business requirements into functions and or features.
• Develops and executes system test plans to ensure the business information system meets stakeholder requirements.
• Perform walk through orientation sessions with stakeholders
• Develops and implements new policy, procedures. Develops and provides training and communications to internal and external stakeholders related to new or existing policies and procedures.
• Supports audits to assess compliance with policies and procedures. Developer change requests and document using tools.
• Determine project impacts and timelines.
• Develop effective working relationships with stakeholders to ensure optimum cooperation and coordination, and maximize the quality of products, services, and policies.
• Provides program guidance, direction or advice to employees within or outside the organizational unit. May oversee or coordinate the activities of professional, technical or clerical employees.
• Gather, analyze and understand system requirements. Reviews design documents and ensure technical specifications and designs are correct.
• Performs all functional duties independently. Works on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s).
• Must be able to work directly with the customer and be able to communicate effectively to support the daily customer needs. Must be pro-active and team oriented. Should be able to work efficiently with minimal support and directions.
• Knowledge of business information systems, development methods, procedures, standards, and techniques.
• Ability to perform research, analysis, design, drawings, documentations, process flows, audits, and implementation of existing and proposed business information systems and technology solutions.
• Ability to provide business knowledge and technical expertise to management to facilitate planning and implementation of business information systems needs and requirements.
• Ability to assist others engaged in analysis, design, development, testing and implementation activities
• Ability to develop and document requirements specifications that identify solutions that achieve optimum performance, cost effectiveness, and comply with policies and procedures
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing, and liaison between business and technical teams effectively
• Ability to facilitate presentations, group meetings, and walk-through sessions with stakeholders and information systems professionals.
• Working knowledge of the following methodologies, processes and tools:
• Knowledge/experience with Agile Methodologies
• Knowledge/experience of SDLC practices
• Strong facilitation skills to effectively lead discussions across multiple groups
• Change Management and Configuration Management
• Knowledge/experience with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
• Agile Level of Effort and Estimation for Release Planning
• Project Management / Project Planning
• Strong knowledge of several of the following tools: MS Office Suite, Manual and Automated Testing Tools, VersionOne or Jira, and ServiceNow
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in business analysis, software development and/or related field;
• A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Business or related discipline is preferred;
• Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program;
• Able to oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job as necessary;
• Experience training/mentoring less experienced personnel;
• Extensive knowledge of and experience in software development and testing, using Agile methodologies and lifecycles;
• Extensive experience evaluating software designs against business and technical requirements to ensure correctness;
• General familiarity and experience with project management methodologies/disciplines, especially in the areas of scope, cost and schedule management;
• Extensive experience writing and reviewing a broad range of technical documentation, especially technical specifications and design documents;
• Communicate clearly with client and team members in timely manner
• Support periodic after-hours Release deployments
• Scrum Master Certification (CSM) preferred
• Ability to be flexible, and think analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Ability to solve problems to complex business processes
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction
• Ability to learn quickly
• Ability to adopt to new processes and adhere to established policies
• Ability to drive a high degree of client satisfaction
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number A477.