VariQ is looking for a Scrum Master to supplement a Software Development team using Agile Frameworks and DevOps work patterns. The Scrum Master will facilitate and coordinate some of the activities and personnel involved in the implementation and completion of the project. Experience writing project plans, creating schedules, and working within a Project Management Governance system is required.
The Scrum Master will coordinate Release Planning activities and Daily Standups, as well as lead Sprint Planning and Backlog Grooming activities. The Scrum Master will be responsible for reporting on team progress to various levels of management as well as ensure that the development team and business customer have everything they need to succeed, when they need it.
The selected candidate will support Agile Application Development technologies and capabilities in the areas of software development, systems engineering, integration, and test of software applications and infrastructure. This effort will support the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) an agency of the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Ideally, the most desired Scrum Master candidates will have the skills to perform other team roles as well: UI/UX, Development/DevOps, Security, and/or Database.
* Location: McLean, VA
* Salary: Dependent upon experience
* Security Clearance: must be able to obtain a DHS/USCIS EOD Public Trust clearance
* Available: within 30 days
* Responsible for the planning, organization and management of assigned projects.
* As project lead additional responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
* Defines, launches and drives project-critical strategic and operational initiatives crucial for project completion.
* Responsible for executing all aspects of project management with focus on delivering on-time and within budget.
* Responsible for managing scope of projects.
* Ability to effectively communicate technical and non-technical project components in a manner which all stakeholders can understand.
* Ensures the adherence of quality standards designated by company and client in all aspects of the project life cycle.
* Responsible for delegating necessary tasks for efficient and timely project completion.
* Responsible for coordinating the hiring, training, evaluation, and mentoring of a team of highly qualified individuals who adhere to performance objectives.
* Strong knowledge of Agile.
Must be able to pass a DHS Suitability clearance
* Current Scrum industry certification: Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Professional Scrum Master (PSM) Safe practitioner (SP), or equivalent.
* 4+ years of IT Team Leader Analyst or Project Manager experience.
* Experience working with JIRA, Amazon Web Services, Siebel, SQL desired.
* Facilitating, organizing, coordinating and monitoring activities and functions of development projects in cooperation with other departments and outside agencies, and contractors.
* Analyzes and prepares written reports on program and project performance using qualitative analyses, and other project techniques.
* Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to remove barriers from production teams (i.e., development, infrastructure, documentation and escalate issues where appropriate).
* Ability to work in a fast-paced project implementation environment.
* Experience working with IT Projects.
* USCIS experience preferred.
Security Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and have or are able to obtain a Government Agency Suitability Clearance.
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Information Technology