Job Title: Scrum Master
Location: NYC (midtown)
Job Type: Contract
Duration: Long Term
Contact Info: Ella Blank - firstname.lastname@example.org - 201-786-2414
The Scrum Master is a servant leader that enables a team(s) to drive features forward, while also focusing on dependency management at the team level for 1-3 teams.
The Scrum Master:
- Drives efficient team operations by promoting a common understanding of Scrum roles, rituals, artifacts, and processes, ensuring their adherence through a voice of reason and authority, and by facilitating all Scrum ceremonies.
- Protects the team and puts the needs of the team first, keeping each team member focused on their role by proactively flagging and removing impediments to the team's delivery on sprint commitments and overall performance, resolving conflicts both within the team and with stakeholders outside of the team.
- Optimizes the team to their highest potential and embodies the spirit of Agile and continuous improvement, by motivating the team towards self-organization, by surfacing data and learnings that illuminate areas to improve, and by continually learning and applying new tools and techniques to manage himself or herself and coach the team.
- Creates transparency into the team and trust with the business and stakeholders, by continuously honing team estimation capabilities, by keeping the team focused on delivering on their roadmap commitments, and by providing visibility into team progress through demos, sprint progress reporting, and communication.
- The Scrum Master performs his or her duties within established guidelines and scaled Agile environments of the associated portfolio and greater organization, adhering to standards established across all Agile teams.
- Provides coaching around Agile frameworks and best practices for feature/project delivery, utilizing traditional project management approaches when needed
- Facilitates and/or supports Agile framework ceremonies for Agile teams
- Responsible for teaching and enforcing the values and principles of Agile, while promoting self-organization and constantly improving our standards of work
- Identifies, tracks, and removes impediments for feature/project and team success
- Facilitates the creation of a well-defined product backlog
- Ensures planning of go-live and deployment activities and facilitate their execution
- Ensures that all team members understand and accept their roles and responsibilities
- Assists with resource allocation and effective capacity planning for team to determine what team can take on in any given sprint
- Monitors sprint velocity and works with team to determine how they can continue to improve on velocity and recognize additional efficiencies as they mature
- Tracks and reports key project metrics, informing stakeholders as appropriate
- Manages feature/project delivery with respect to capital budgets
- Manages relationships with all invested parties, including (but not limited to): Product, Engineering, Brands/Audiences, and/or other key stakeholders
- Arbitrates and resolves conflict within the team
- Coordinates participation of different tech and business groups in requirements gathering, specifications, design, development and implementation of key projects
- Shields the team from outside "noise” or distractions that prohibit them from being successful
- Learns, understands, and actively uses project management & ticket tracking software to effectively manage the team's backlog and sprint-committed items
- 5+ years in Agile project management in a well-established, high-performing Agile software development environment with at least some dedicated teams
- Advanced knowledge of Scrum and other Agile frameworks and software engineering practices, as well as traditional project management approaches
- Ability to understand technologies applicable to assigned product or service area and facilitate resolution of technical needs as they arise
- Comfortable leading business and technology in vetting technical options
- Superb written and verbal communications, presentation skills, and meeting facilitation skills (including with an executive audience)
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
- Certified Scrum Master and/or PMP certification is strongly desired
- Experience with content management systems is preferred
- Experience driving initiatives within a media company and/or in an online consumer-facing business environment
- Possesses a solid technical background; ability to drive resolution of technical issues and incorporate technical and architectural considerations into planning, decisions, and recommendations
- Ability to influence and motivate people to high levels of performance and teamwork
- Demonstrated working partnership with engineers (including QA), technical and business management, department heads, and product managers
- Strong knowledge and passion about Agile principles and practices
All offers of employment at TechLink, Inc. are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates. Background checks will include: Social Security Verification, Prior Employment Verification, Professional References, Educational Verification, Criminal History, Motor Vehicle Records and e-verify.