CGI is looking for a Scrum Master with extensive Agile methodology experience to join our Federal Business Unit. We are actively pursuing development of new products to market in an aggressive campaign. The successful candidate will support CGI products as well as various projects within the Federal government. Candidates must have senior level experience in facilitating agile software development teams, especially with Scrum as the development methodology. Your future duties and responsibilities
- Coach Agile teams with continuous process improvement of software delivery
- Instill Agile project management best practices including production impact analysis, risk management, cross-team interdependencies, release scheduling, scope definition, delivery objectives, quality standards, and user needs identification.
- Facilitate and document project and release planning, including participation in product vision and implementation, Scrum ceremonies, Scrum of Scrums, discovery, design, and other brainstorm meetings.
- Facilitate product owner input and team interactions. Ensure the communication of scope and requirements changes throughout the team, including sprint impact analysis.
- Support product owner in management of backlog, ensuring Scrum process standards, identification of stakeholders and stakeholder conditions of acceptance.
- Support product development by providing high level business analysis and development estimates, including coordination of multiple product analysis.
- Foster knowledge sharing and assist with creation and delivery of best practices documentation and training materials. Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- 5+ years of IT experience and 3 or more years of experience as a Scrum Master
- Demonstrates leadership and interpersonal skills to engage and motivate team members
- Demonstrates initiative and strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Scrum, Lean, XP, Kanban, DevOps and other Agile development techniques
- Experience with customer-facing web application development
- Ability to understand and aggregate product knowledge, including execution to product roadmap
- Strong emphasis on teamwork and close collaboration across all roles and functions
- Ability to synchronize with non-technical teams to deliver product releases smoothly, and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with vendors and stakeholders to identify project risks, constraints and dependencies
- Solid technical background
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- PMP certification
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related field
Due to the nature of the government contract, US Citizenship is required. At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 65,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary depending upon specific assignment, or upon any US government security clearance if required. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless
the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.