Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.Travelers Claim Digital Delivery team has an exciting opportunity for a Scrum Master to join our talented team. We are looking for an individual to lead an Agile team as part of a large and complex portfolio focused on re-imagining the way we currently do business in Claim. The Scrum Master drives the successful delivery of their team. The Scrum Master escalates impediments, manages risk, and helps drive continuous improvement. You pride yourself as a quick learner, are comfortable with ambiguity, have a passion for learning and enjoy working in a fast paced agile environment. You are also well organized and enjoy managing tasks and facilitating team progress. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and well organized individual with a strong technical acumen that likes to have fun. That person must be comfortable working in a large, complex business and technology environment and be comfortable leading without direct authority and solving problems on their own.
- Facilitating the team in identifying and managing dependencies within product development.
- Facilitating the estimation of Product Backlog Items and other Scrum activities with an understanding of problem domain
- Anticipating and proactively tracking, recording, removing and escalating impediments within the team.
- Reporting of risks, impediments, sprint, and release progress.
- Advocate the use of technology to develop and/or redesign processes
- Gathering and disseminating project information on a regular basis and documenting team agreements, sprint plans, release plans and retrospectives.
- Creating an environment of team spirit and excitement around what is being delivered.
- Work closely with partnering teams to align integration points and dependencies.
- Time boxed (2 week) sprint planning and execution.
- Contributing to ongoing refinement of product development processes.
- Facilitating team progress, with a focus on delivering business value quickly.
- Reporting of progress on objectives.
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred. 6 years of programming/development experience preferred.
Technical Knowledge: Able to expertly assess, design develop, and support applications, systems and solutions to achieve business and/or technical requirements. Demonstrates technical expertise for multiple languages, applications, systems, technologies, and/or frameworks, and has the ability to influence technical direction or defect resolution. Fully understands business applications and/or technical system environments in which the system operates. Communication Skills: Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication based on audience. Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team members - including active listening and effective written and verbal communication skills. Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team. Able to present complex technical concepts to audiences of varying size and level. Business Knowledge & Partnership: Able to develop business partnerships and influence business priorities through solution identification aligned with business objectives and goals. Able to communicate in business terms and describe IT capabilities and concepts in ways that the business can understand. Problem Solving & Decision Making: Able to proficiently diagnose root causes and solve complex problems. Able to evaluate alternative solutions and assess risk before taking action. Has the ability to reach sound decisions quickly and escalates appropriately. Demonstrates ability to optimize the use of all available resources. Team Orientation: Able to maintain and enhance partnerships across the organization to achieve objectives. Practices objectivity and openness to others' views. Able to recognize and support team priorities. Leadership: Accountable to set technical goals and priorities for self and other team members. Exhibits team leadership and collaborates with partners. Planning and Project Management: Demonstrates ability to identify critical project tasks and establish clear priorities while keeping the bigger picture in mind. Able to effectively collaborate with Project Manager and utilize sound project management practices. Able to manage time and competing priorities. Financial Awareness: Able to assess the financial impact of recommended designs/solutions.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of programming/development experience required.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.