DTS is looking for Scrum Master for a long term contract with our direct client Position in Charlotte, NC/Detroit, MI.
No third party C2C allowed. Candidates have to work directly with us on our W-2.
- Facilitates the sizing of stories during the planning sprint, backlog grooming, or sprint planning sessions for the team.
- Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with business owners, product owners, project sponsors, vendors and key clients.
- Facilitates Agile ceremonies for 1-2 teams.
- Uses historical velocity and planned velocity to assist team with commitments o Works with the project sponsor and product owner to determine staffing requirements.
- Assist with identifying which resources need to be procured outside the organization.
- Involves team in identifying and removing impediments and known risks through analysis and prioritization
- Maintains risk register and escalates where needed o Utilizes standardized tools and techniques for estimating costs associated with a project including physical, financial and human capital costs.
- Continuously monitors the actual cost of a project versus the budget.
- Reviews expenditures and evaluates factors that may potentially cause cost changes.
- Conducts in-depth root cause analysis of project budget discrepancies.
- Effectively utilizes progress indicators such as burn-down and burn-up charts.
- Utilizes the team ?definition of done? to guide the team during their sprint commitments.
- Uses collaborative engagement techniques.
- Ensures scope, goals, milestones, budget, risk, status, change requests and critical issues are effectively communicated to the client and project team.
- Effectively facilitates retrospectives to pull actionable changes for the team.
- Conducts formal review with business sponsor at project completion to confirm acceptance and satisfaction.
Minimum of 1-3 years of Scrum Master experience
Certified Scrum Master (CSM or related certification strongly preferred)
- 3+ years of information technology experience o Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Information Systems or Engineering; or equivalent work experience
- 3 or more years managing projects o Thorough understanding of agile and waterfall methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Experience working with both agile and waterfall methodologies on large scale, technically complex projects.
- Ability to deal with multiple projects.
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Must be self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems.
- Data driven analysis skills for measuring and managing delivery.
- Experience with relevant business software (e.g. Microsoft Office applications, Team Foundation Server).
- Experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server Agile, Jira or similar tool.
- Controls a program level view and status and uses the information in Clarity/Open Workbench to communicate on multiple projects and programs at a time.
- Able to use Clarity/Open Workbench tool to determine how the intersection of multiple projects and programs impacts the department.
- Able to use the Clarity/Open Workbench tool develop departmental budgets.
Prior experience working in a diverse setup with multiple lines of business is desirable
Digital Technology Solutions (DTS)