Do you love leading projects using processes and cutting-edge technology to make use of all the data within GEICO? Are you passionate about continuous improvement through Agile methodologies? As a Scrum Master and Project Manager
on the GEICO IT Squad, you'll serve a scrum team working on our Data Ingestion and Consumption initiatives at Plaza. Your team's projects create stable pipelines for data to be fed into the Enterprise Data Platform and make this data accessible for needs across the company.
- 3 years of experience working as a Scrum Master, Project Manager, or analyst on technical projects (Software Development, DevOps, or Big Data)
- Proven track record of identifying and implementing improvements to processes and projects
- Strong critical thinking, decision making, and analytical skills
- Outstanding time management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, related field (business, finance, mathematics, computer science), or equivalent professional experience is required
- Working knowledge of Big Data and the Hadoop Ecosystem
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Continuous Integration and Continuous DeliveryAbout GEICO:
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.