Scrum Master (senior level) - ALM SDC
FEi is a leading IT company specializing in Federal and Local Government data system solutions. For the past decade we have maintained a leading position in providing programming and consulting services in our primary areas of expertise- Behavioral Health Data Systems, and Clinical Trials Software Solutions for institutional systems of care. At FEi Systems, we recognize that our employees are an important part of our success. We promote a team environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve professional and personal success.
Currently FEi is looking for highly skilled, self-motivated and creative individuals to join our talented team of experts. FEi is an equal opportunity employer that believes in growing and promoting a diverse work force. Our employee compensation and benefits package is competitive within the industry and is designed to help employees meet varying needs throughout their careers and lives. If you're looking for a rewarding work environment that will challenge your mind and expand your horizons, then joining the FEi team may be right for you.
As an Agile Scrum Master/Process Engineer, you will be working with the ALM team and the assigned program to assist in supporting their application development methodology.You will be assisting the project teams with their scrum maturity as well as assist with baselining processes and best practices within the agile framework and reporting. While specifically responsible for "scrumming the project, this role also reports to the Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) team, which is part of the IT Governance and works closely with Corporate IT and Security to provide a framework and tooling for the enterprise that is compliant across CMMI level 3, FISMA, and ISO 20000. As a member of this team, you will be an active participant within the Communities of Practice (CoP) as well as be responsible for balancing the needs of the Project/Program team(s) with maintaining the compliance standards set forth by the ALM team.
This job requires an individual who can collaborate effectively with members across project teams and roles, drive results, and proactively identify and work with the ALM team to resolve problems.
* Work with the Service Delivery Center to assist in implementing agile processes and provide assistance in the tooling to support the framework throughout the company.
* Responsible for all agile/scrum related documentation.
* Gathers information from existing systems and processes and works with the team to address business needs and support continual process improvement.
* Support compliance of the CMMI level 3 for software development leveraging the agile framework.
* Assist in identifying improvement activities in coordination with security and IT for our internal customers.
* Participates in the Agile Community of Practice and assists in evangelizing practices throughout the organization.
* Certification as a CSM, PMI-ACP, SASM or other equivalent.
* 6+ years of experience working within a team utilizing agile concepts and methodologies including: SAFe, Scrum, Kanban.
* Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field such as technology, business, or related, or equivalent experience in implementing software in the Health industry. Must have prior experience as a Release Manager or seasoned Developer to work with our IT team.
* Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Experience with an ALM tool (TFS, JIRA, VersionOne) for process and SDLC management.
* Excellent written and verbal communications.
* Thorough understanding of software development lifecycle and roles.
* Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
* Workflow Development and Business Process Engineering.
* Must have the ability to work within a collaborative environment.
* Secondary level Scrum Master certification (CSP, SPC, PSM-II)
* Experience with utilizing TFS/Visual Studio 2012 or above preferred.
* Experience in one or more of the following: JIRA, Git, Jenkins
* Experience with reporting applications such as SSRS, Power BI, and Excel reporting.
* Basic MS Visio skills.
* Knowledge of CMMI Level 3 for Software Development.
* Knowledge of ITIL
* Facilitate in Scrum to SAFe transition
* Experience with technical writing
Primary location: Columbia, MD, Full time position with full company benefits.
NOTICE: EO/AA/VEVRAA/Disabled Employer - Federal Contractor. FEi Systems participates in E-Verify, a federal program that enables employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by providing the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS at (888) 464-4218.
Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, disability, or genetic information, except where it relates to a bona fide occupational qualification or requirement. FEI Systems creates an Affirmative Action Plan on an annual basis. Pursuant to federal law, the portions of FEI System' Affirmative Action Program that relate to Section 503 (Persons with Disabilities) and/or Section 4212 (Protected Veterans), are avaialble for inspection upon request by applicants and employees during FEI Systems' normal business hours.