Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for a REMOTE Scrum Master
. This is a 6+ month contract to hire
position and the pay rate is flexible depending on experience. Here are the details:
For applicants who are interested in the REMOTE Scrum Master
Opportunity; please send a Word resume to Carolyn Vojick, Technical Recruiter, at Location: REMOTE (
May need to travel once per month)
Middle and Large Commercial IT is looking for a Scaled Agile experienced, energetic, empathic, and passionate Scrum Master. The individual will be part of a large team driving highly visible strategic agenda for the organization. The Scrum Master will ensure the Scrum teams adheres to Scaled Agile Principles and best practices. Coaches the Scrum Teams and removes impediments by escalating when appropriate. Partners with the Product Owner, Release Train Engineer and Business leadership to form execution delivery plans and manage progress and facilitates release planning. The MLC IT team is seeking highly motivated, results oriented individuals with strong technical and leadership skills.Responsibilities:
- Supports and facilitates Scrum Teams in various functions by fostering Agile values and practices.
- Ensures team adherence to Agile principles. Provides coaching to the Scrum Team(s) on how to execute the Scrum framework.
- Acts as a role model for servant leadership.
- Organizes and facilitates ceremonies, identifies improvement opportunities to optimize velocity and quality while mitigating risk.
- Tracks and communicates the overall team progress providing visibility to stakeholders. (Retrospectives, Sprint Planning, etc.)
- Serves as a filter to remove impediments to progress as identified by the team.
- Protects the team from outside influences to ensure the team remains focused on Scrum Team priorities.
- Partners with the Product Owner to ensure the backlog items are prioritized based on Business value and ready for the teams. Facilitate team for better creativity, drive innovation and tries to improve the efficiency of the development teams.
- Support Release Train Engineer, IT Lead and business to drive strategic agendas. Arranges daily stand-up meetings, facilitates/schedules meetings, demo and decision-making processes in order to ensure quick inspection and proper use of adaptation process. Matrix reporting, provides coaching/feedback to ensure team success
- Bachelors Degree and 3+ years applicable experience in AGILE Framework Methodology
- Strong Knowledge of Scaled agile methodology and frameworks like SAFe, Scrum, Kanban , XP, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices
- Strong knowledge of software engineering processes and procedures to understand team needs includes fundamentals of iterative and incremental development Strong Knowledge about Agile techniques: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Burn Down Metrics, Velocity etc.
- Resource Management Skills- ability to determine supply and demand and obtain necessary resources across a matrix organization to complete the work successfully
- Experience in Digital Product development experience as a scrum master or practitioner strongly desired.
- Team player and able to work with and through others
- Effective Consultative Skills and Communication Skills- written, verbal Ability to provide effective coaching and feedback to teams/individuals as well as influencing to team as well as key stakeholders
- Possess skills for Active Listening Builds Strong Partnerships across Segments and Functions Gains business Acumen with each team supporting with a goal for continuous and broadening client business knowledge
- Solid Presentation Skills A strategic thinker who can look beyond the sprint, beyond the PI, with a focus on ensuring teams are focused on providing the higher business value to our customers
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or