Our great Fortune 500 client in Milwaukee, WI has an immediate opening for a Scrum Master. If you are interested please apply with resume to .
• Act as scrum master for one or more engineering teams.
• Embody servant leadership and partner with the engineering team and the Product Owner (PO) to drive the delivery of working software and technology platforms.
o Ensure transparency between all team members and stakeholders on the state of the backlog, team performance, delivery and work plans
o Serve as a liaison between stakeholders the development team and other management
o Identify opportunities for experimentation and growth
o Drive adoption of best practices including Definition of Done, retrospectives, cross training etc.
o Help the PO and engineering team deliver high quality outcomes by:
• Collaborating with the PO to ensure backlog is prioritized in a fashion that minimizes delays and manages dependencies.
• Actively contributing to the refinement of work in the backlog by analyzing requirements and acceptance criteria
• Guiding and coaching the team to refine, estimate and plan work in the backlog and program increment
• Leveraging best practices (concepts like 'Definition of Ready' and 'Definition of Done')
• Identify and help resolve risks and impediments
• Work to recognize and facilitate resolution of dependencies between engineering teams both internal and external
• Driving effective communication and transparency between all team members, leadership and stakeholders
• Creating and maintaining all Product Lifecycle documents and project KPIs on a weekly basis
• Create, implement and maintain procedures documentation
• Create release notes for internal/external communications
• Monitor deliverables and ensure transparency of status and artifacts
• Communicate priorities and status to stakeholders
• Partnering with PO to lead the planning of product release plans and set expectations of delivery.
• Embracing and embodying the philosophy of continuous improvement both personally and as a member of a team.
• Providing information to Management on patterns and trends in the industry and competitors.
• Minimum 5 years working with agile teams in software development and awareness/understanding of concepts including:
o DevOps concepts and approach (CI/CD, automation etc.)
o Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), microservices etc.
o Experience gathering and documenting business/functional requirements
• Experience with JIRA and JIRA Align or similar work management tools.
• Experience working in scaled agile environments leveraging one of the scaled frameworks (Nexus, SAFe, LeSS etc.).
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or