Are you a passionate and experienced Scrum Master? Would you like to contribute creatively to a mission as meaningful as transforming healthcare? We are revolutionizing the way that care givers across the country integrate information and make decisions. Can you help us? The recent combination of QPID Health and eviCore healthcare brings an unprecedented combination of scale, industry leading technology and creative talent to change the way we experience healthcare. We are a company committed to advancing medical benefits management – and enabling better outcomes for patients, providers, and plans. We have the size and scale to tackle the complexity of today’s and tomorrow’s healthcare system.
Want to join us?
As a Scrum Master, you will work with your product teams to develop customer-centric software products from idea to production. The candidate would be responsible for providing direction and managing the technical development team in delivering on time and within quality standards products.
- Schedule and manage release and sprint planning sessions.
- Manage daily stand-up meetings for the product teams.
- Organize business demos for sprint deliverables.
- Lead team retrospectives and help the team identify opportunities for improvement.
- Team with the product owners to ensure the user stories are properly written and the backlog is organized and groomed.
- Facilitate project progress reports through the delivery life cycle.
- Advocate for continuous improvement in quality and the process.
- Assist team members in Agile estimation techniques.
- Coach team members on Agile principles and provide guidance on scrum methodology.
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint release progress to all affected teams and management.
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution in order to improve team productivity.
- Update Agile tracking systems to provide transparency on product and sprint backlogs.
- Assist team in making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition.
- Ensure that development team members are practicing and engaged in Agile processes and self-organization.
- Work closely with assigned product owners in defining the vision and ensuring team is on the right track.
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Partner with Agile thought-leaders to discuss opportunities for improvement across the scrum teams and company as a whole.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with a high comfort level presenting to a variety of audiences, including senior management. Communication is critical.
- Strong team management and conflict resolution skills.
- Solution delivery oriented individual.
- Working Knowledge with sprint boards and backlog management
- Familiarity with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools for managing Agile process; JIRA preferred.
- At least 3 years of managing Scrum teams.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) required; Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) is a plus.
- Must have familiarity with common and complex Agile practices, software development environments, and industry best practices. Experience with Lean Startup methodology is a plus.
- Understanding of the basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures as well as knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Healthcare and/or startup experience preferred.