Provide Project Management (SDLC) and Scrum Master leadership for concurrent software development projects and teams to ensure projects are on time, within budget, and completed with a high degree of quality.
- Leads agile projects from the initial project backlog creation and planning activities through demonstration and release deployment with responsibility for all aspects of the teams’ productivity for all phases of the project.
- Manages release plans, iteration plans, budgets, forecasting and status reporting for the designated projects.
- Leads risk and issue identification, and mitigation activities with the project team including escalating those in a proactive and professional fashion when appropriate.
- Proactively plans and collaborates with key stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of services for the designated products and projects.
- Leads Scrum best practices adoption and utilization throughout the project and team.
- Ensures development stories, acceptance criteria, assumptions, and all related documentation are timely and complete, supporting development, testing, and user acceptance activities.
- Monitors, reviews and maintains the sprint backlog and project backlog as necessary in coordination with business and other team members.
- Directs the activity between technical and non-technical areas to ensure that all project tasks are completed on schedule and on budget.
- Generates process reports indicating velocity, burn-down, etc.
- Runs project retrospectives and helps implement the process improvements identified during those meetings.
- Initiates and maintains the ongoing financials for the project including establishing a project budget, forecasting resource and capital needs and variance reporting.
- Ensures timely and accurate communication and distribution of project information to all appropriate team members and stakeholders.
- Maintains and applies up-to-date knowledge of associated technology advances and trends within the industry.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Complies with all security policies and procedures, to ensure that the highest level of system and data confidentiality, integrity and availability is maintained.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, and/or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- CSM (Certified SCRUM Master) certification.
- Three years of experience in Agile Methodologies with a minimum of one year in the Scrum Master role.
- Five years of project management or software development management experience.
- Effective leadership and collaboration skills to successfully lead diverse teams through complex projects.
- Demonstrated confidence and professionalism in approach.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Visio.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with ability to interact proficiently with all levels of management and staff.
- Self-directed and self-motivated.
- Approved background and drug screen is required.