The mission of the ScrumMaster is to help teams adopt and improve Lean/Agile methods and practices to grow high performing teams. The ScrumMaster is a team member who has a primary responsibility to help self-organizing, self-managing teams achieve their goals of value delivery and continuous improvement. ScrumMasters do so by teaching, implementing, and supporting Lean/Agile and SAFe principles and best practices, and eliminating impediments affecting flow. The ScrumMaster is not a management position, but rather a servant leader who works with and for the teams. The ScrumMaster is empowered to help teams challenge their existing environment and remove impediments. The ScrumMaster is an effective change agent who is both motivating change and making it happen. When working with teams on an Agile Release Train (ART), the ScrumMaster works with the Release Train Engineer, Agile Product Owner, Agile Dev Managers, Program Team, Stakeholders, and other ScrumMasters to support the overall success of the Agile Release Train (ART).
What You'll Do
- Scrum Master for multiple Agile and/or Kanban teams
- Coach and reinforce the principles of Lean/Agile and SAFe along with best practices of Scrum and Kanban to meet the teams delivery goals and to help improve the teams ability to self-manage and self-organize.
- Facilitate team meetings, including the Daily Standup, Iteration Planning, Team Demo and Iteration Retrospective, as well as the team’s participation in events such as Program Increment Planning and Inspect and Adapt workshops.
- Identify and remove any impediments/distractions that interfere with the team's ability to deliver against their commitments.
- Work with the teams to identify and execute upon opportunities for continuous improvement of team dynamics, enjoyment, and performance in an environment of collaboration and innovation.
- Facilitate, coach, and inspire the team to challenge itself and complete the work without coercion, assignment, or dictating. Understand how to address conflict and mediate in order to help the teams become high performing.
- Work with technology management to leverage key metrics to communicate progress and health of the teams as well as to identify and leverage opportunities for improvement.
- Facilitate internal and external communication between Agile Product Owners, RTEs, Technology Managers, Team Members, and key Stakeholders to improve transparency and information sharing.
Who You Are
- A self-directed, rapid learner
- Collaborative by choice
- Good at sorting through ambiguity
- Fun and reasonable
- Self-confident, but humble
- A good listener
- Prepared and responsible
- Empowered through humility
- Goal and detail orientated
- Make good choices and accepts and address mistakes
- Effective written and face-to-face communicator
- 2+ years prior experience within a Lean/Agile software product development environment
- Familiarity with Scrum, Kanban, and/or SAFe
- Understanding of Lean/Agile principles and use of metrics
- Certified ScrumMaster with 2+ years experience in scrum master role
- Scaled Agile Framework knowledge
- Lean and/or Agile certifications