The Scrum Master/Agile Enthusiast will provide effective collaboration, facilitation, servant leadership and coaching skills supporting the teams within the agile transformation initiative. As an agile practitioner, you will be a shepherd of the Agile tenants, removing impediments and promoting transparency. This position requires commitment to exceptional results, a strong desire for continuous improvement and the ability to build a collaborative culture within our team and organization. You will facilitate team events and ensure the integrity of the agile process, remove obstacles for the teams and work towards a high-performance culture. In this highly visible role, you will have significant interaction with product owners and regular contact with all levels of management.
* Organize and facilitate Scrum/Kanban team events
* Work collaboratively with Product Owners and cross-functional development teams on their Agile journey to support development and software delivery
* Teach/coach/mentor the Product Owner and team on user story creation/prioritization, estimation and product backlog grooming via emergent design while supporting overall organizational goals
* Work with the teams on creating valuable, data driven metrics
* Resolve or escalate blocking impediments as necessary
* Coordinate dependencies between teams with other Agile practitioners
* Work with management on effective team design
* Ensure development team is working efficiently towards Sprint goals
* Coach the development team and stakeholders on how to use Agile and frameworks like Scrum and Kanban
* Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing/Mobbing/Swarming, Automated Testing, Agile Games
* Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
* Ensure cross functional coordination (analysts, developers and testers) is occurring early and often.
* Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice
* Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
* Create an environment that empowers and energizes team members, with a focus on accountability, adaptability, and collaboration
* Must be a Certified Scrum Master with 3+ years an Agile practitioner/Scrum Master/Coach
* 5+ years of information technology experience
* Thorough understanding of the Agile Manifesto
* Experience working with an agile mindset on large scale, technically complex projects
* Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
* Demonstrated experience working in and leading teams that leverage software engineering practices such as Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration processes
* Must be self-motivated and pragmatic
* Data driven analysis skills that help drive continuous improvement
* Experience using Version One and Jira
* Excellent team player with the ability to influence and negotiate
* Highly adaptable to changing environment
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse teams
* Must have situational awareness with an understanding of when to listen and when to be assertive.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
* Ability to conduct educational classes and various workshops
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Information Systems or Engineering; or equivalent work experience
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.