Our client is seeking a Scrum Master capable of leading one to three scrum teams with a focus on guiding the teams towards improving the way they work. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivering world-class products within complex digital environments to advance our platform and applications.
As a Scrum Master you will be a key member of a passionate team focused on collaboration across business and technology to drive forward software development projects relating to enterprise level customer care portals.
- Guide effective agile teams with a sustainable and productive cadence.
- Use best practice, understand and facilitate the software development process.
- Uphold, defend, coach, and mentor agile values and principles as expressed in the Agile Manifesto.
- Master up to three scrum teams concurrently with a focus on improving effectiveness and performance.
- Organize and facilitate staffing, daily stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives, sprint/release planning, demos, and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Track and report the team’s velocity and sprint/release progress to all stakeholders.
- Identify problems, impediments, dependencies, and other team dysfunctions, and then facilitate quick resolution.
- Partner and influence the broad corporate environment effectively using strong verbal and written communication.
- Resolve conflict through arbitration, negotiation, reasoned discussion, or escalation.
- Nurture self-organizing, high performing teams through servant leadership and mentoring.
- Encourage, support, and guide continuous improvement of the team, its products and processes.
- Ensure the team operates and evolves within organizational guidelines and standards of practice.
- Maintain the respect of the team, external stakeholders, and management.
- Prior experience with customer care portals, preferably in a telco environment.
- Agile software development in a .Net environment.
- Strong Servant-Leadership Identity.
- Effective communicator, written and verbal.
- Ability to influence.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Technology, or related field.
- 3 years’ experience as a scrum master managing multiple teams including scrum of scrums.
- 5 years’ experience in a structured project management environment with a demonstrated appreciation for disciplined project management.
- Experience using Jira to manage the agile projects.
- Thorough understanding of enterprise software development in a .Net environment.
- Strong Technical background and familiar with IT terminology.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge using Agile development principles
- Proven experience building strong working relationships and working successfully in cross-functional/cross-geography teams.
- Ability to quickly understand the scope of the project and identify key success and risk factors.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
- Enthusiastic team-player, team leader as well as a self-starter.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and evolving priorities.
- Flexible, yet firm in approach to managing the project.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Visio, and PowerPoint) and system documentation tools.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), and/or SAFe 4.0 Scrum Master (SSM) preferred.
- Experience in managing Sharepoint sites and content.
- PMI PMP certification is a plus.