GEICO IT DevOps organization is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated and service delivery oriented Scrum Master
to join our IT DevOps-Service delivery team. This position is responsible for the planning and project management of core projects that the team is responsible for. This position will be centrally involved in driving projects from inception to successful completion and regularly conveying status to management.
-Strong project management skills and 5+ years
-Experience leading projects required
-Should demonstrate a proven ability to prioritize and manage a program of diverse system engineering technologies and initiatives across multiple management and organization stakeholders
-The candidate should have a strong understanding of application development methodologies such as waterfall, scrum and agile and be able to implement for this team
-Duties involve frequent interaction and coordination of efforts with business and technical users, operations, database administrators, and external business partners
-Excellent project planning, scheduling, and coordination skills are required, as well as a commitment to adopting and following a structured approach to PM based on a formal methodology
-Well-qualified applicants will possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, and the demonstrated ability to coordinate efforts across functional areas. Managing cross-team projects and continuous alignment of process with the business mission are all activities expected from this position
-The ideal candidate will also have solid experience in successfully building partnerships with the business units and other IT groups within the organization
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure & their offering (PaaS, SaaS or IaaS) is a plus
- Experience working with offshore team is a plus
- Experience working with VSTS is a plus
- Working knowledge of Confluence Wiki is a plus
- Experience working on and supporting application development projects desired
- A college degree in Computer Science or equivalent filedAbout GEICO
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.