ABOUT THE JOB
We at GreatCall have embraced Agile concepts through the practice of Scrum and establishing Product Teams. We are looking for someone to help us get better at what we do. We’re pretty good at following the basics of agile software development and changing our processes when necessary but can always use new ideas about how and where to improve. We’re less concerned about what it’s called (Scrum, Kanban, etc) and much more excited about results through improved communication within Product Teams, iterative development and continuous deployment. We are looking for someone who leads by example rather than dictation and knows how to bring out the best in people. Someone not afraid to deal with conflict. Someone that can say “No” but also push for more results. In addition, we’re looking for someone to help act as a galvanizing force for our larger network of GreatCall Product teams in terms of sharing Agile knowledge and best practices. In this position you will have the unique opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives, ensuring the quality of our health, wellness, and emergency response systems. Our customers and their loved ones come to depend on our products and services every day. Your job will be critical to our success in meeting their needs!
- Act as Scrum Master for GreatCall Product teams with a focus on guiding the teams towards improving the way they work.
- Facilitate sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos
- Assist Product Owners with keeping their backlog groomed
- Ensure cross-team coordination happens and remove impediments when necessary
- Maintain relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing
- Coach and mentor other members of our Product teams. Help ensure that our ways of working together are consistent across the teams.
- Help train other Product Teams, Owners, members on best practices of Agile Scrum methodologies
- Liaise between architects, developers, testers, and UX/UI designers. Foster better communication between the disciplines.
- Act as a Project Manager when necessary. Take responsibility for managing outliers - tasks and dependencies between our software development teams, third parties or Product teams.
- Build and track both the Release Plan and the Scrum/Iteration plan
- Assist with prioritization and resolution of software defects
- Interface with Program Management Office to ensure project goals and requirements are being met
Education: Associates degree preferred or equivalent experience
Certification: Certified Scrum Master preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in an Agile, technical environment required
- Prior experience in a role that required Product and/or Project Management required
- Prior experience managing software and/or mobile applications projects preferred
- Prior experience using Confluence and JIRA preferred
- Prior experience working in a consumer facing product environment preferred
- Servant Leader – Must be able to garner respect from his/her team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
- Communicative and social – Must be able to communicate well with teams
- Facilitative – Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team
- Assertive – Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls.
- Situational Awareness – Must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and address or elevate them to management
- Enthusiastic – Must be high-energy
- Continual improvement - Must continually be growing ones craft learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
- Conflict resolution - Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Attitude of empowerment - Must be able to lead a team to self-organization
- Attitude of transparency – Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to team development and grow team member’s trust