HPE Technology Services (TS) guides customers to the New Style of IT by transforming and supporting infrastructure that enables optimal business outcomes. Our vision is to be the undisputed leading provider of Enterprise Technology Services through our constant innovation and customers-for-life mindset. We advise our customers by helping align their IT strategy to business value. We transform their IT landscape and provide a safe journey for our customers on their way to the New Style of IT. We deliver agility and flexibility to our customers, while also ensuring security and stability, reducing risk and delivering unmatched value.
We are looking for a Scrum Master to lead a scrum team that is part of a large multi-team project initiative developing a new platform targeting the growing demand for support services in the connected world of the internet of things. In this role you will be working in the SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) model where you'll work closely with product owners, architects, and other scrum masters against a common backlog to deliver the overall project functionality.
- Release Planning: Facilitate a conversation about the stories with the scrum team. Coach the team on how to estimate work. Prepare required outcome for the planning session.
- Sprint planning: Plan team sprints, with the outcome being the sprint backlog, sprint goals, and a team commitment.
- Daily Scrum: Coach the teams to self-organize around the work in the current sprint asking the three stand-up questions.
- Backlog refinement: Facilitate regular meetings with the scrum team to discuss the stories for next sprint.
- Sprint Review Prep: Prepare for the Sprint demo with team, work through the story DoD, how to demo the stories, etc.
- Sprint Retrospective: Conduct sprint retrospectives. Use decided-on team metrics. Make items actionable for continuous self-improvement (Kaizen).
- Collaboration and Coordination: Work closely with the PO and Architects as needed, helping write stories and to prioritize the backlog. Coordinate dependencies across the various Scrum teams’ work tasks.
- Coaching and Mentoring: Help coach the team in the proper application of agile and mentor new team members who have not worked in an agile model in the past.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
- Must be able to run standup meetings effectively and efficiently
- Familiar with Agile Scrum methodologies and the Scrum Master role, particularly in a SAFe environment
- Strong time management skills
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, time-compressed and dynamic environment
- Experience at Story Mapping
- Skilled at writing acceptance criteria
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
- Typically 2+ years of relevant scrum management or project management in an agile environment
- Typically 5+ years in software development.
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior management, peers and team members
- Demonstrated ability to work in global, cross-functional, and virtual teams
- Scrum certification is a plus