UWM is seeking a Scrum Master who knows how to work with teams of developers in a fast-paced, agile environment. We're looking for someone who is passionate about Agile and constantly on the lookout for ways to improve existing conditions. If you're a self-starter who's not afraid to raise issues and drive change to remove barriers, we should talk.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU Required:
- Driving and leading sprint planning, daily stand-ups, demos, and retrospectives
- Anticipating and aggressively removing obstacles that slow down or prevent work completion
- Embracing, coaching, and evangelizing agile values and principles
- Building team cohesion and fostering open and honest team communication
- Collecting, reporting, and refining agile metrics to quantify and communicate team performance
- Catalyzing continuous improvement of process through collaboration with team and organizational leaders to implement changes
- Ensuring that teams are effectively executing against the highest value priorities
- Providing "go to" leadership, transparency and visibility
- Computer or business-related Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of Agile framework and methods (i.e. Scrum, Kanban)
- Deep skills in estimation, story slicing, grooming and other Agile techniques
- Solid experience leading Scrum events: spring planning, daily scrums, reviews / demos and retrospectives
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, organization and coaching skills
- Ability to productively converse with business stakeholders and developers alike
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Comfortable in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to multitask and adapt
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Onsite, full-time attendance
THE PLACE & THE PERKS
- 5+ years of project, product, or technical leadership in a software development environment
- 3 years' experience as a dedicated Scrum Master and / or Agile Coach.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or similar certification
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Ready to join thousands of talented team members who are making the dream of home ownership possible for more Americans? It's all happening on UWM's campus, where our award-winning workplace packs plenty of perks and amenities that keep the atmosphere buzzing with energy and excitement.
It's no wonder that out of our six pillars, People Are Our Greatest Asset is number one. It's at the very heart of how we treat each other, our clients and our community. Whether it's providing elite client service or continuously striving to improve, our pillars provide a pathway to a more successful personal and professional life.
From the team member that holds a door open to the one that helps guide your career, you'll feel the encouragement and support on day one. No matter your race, creed, gender, age, sexual orientation and ethnicity, you'll be welcomed here. Accepted here. And empowered to Be You Here.
More reasons you'll love working here include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) after just 30 days
- Additional parental and maternity leave benefits after 12 months
- Adoption reimbursement program
- Paid volunteer hours
- Paid training and career development
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Mortgage discount and area business discounts
- Free membership to our large, state-of-the-art fitness center, including exercise classes such as yoga and Zumba, various sports leagues and a full-size basketball court
- Wellness area, including an in-house primary-care physician's office, full-time massage therapist and hair salon
- Gourmet cafeteria featuring homemade breakfast and lunch
- Convenience store featuring healthy grab-and-go snacks
- In-house Starbucks and Great Lakes Coffee Roasting Company
- Indoor/outdoor cafe with Wi-Fi
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation and change. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Team members may be required to perform other or different job-related duties as requested by their team lead, subject to reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Employment with UWM is "at-will." UWM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this job online
Refer this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Connect with UWM!
Not sure what to apply for? Connect with us to speak with a recruiter and explore opportunities!