The Trading Experience Technology team (TXT) at Charles Schwab is responsible for creating industry leading trading interface components on Schwab.com and trading services shared across Schwab.com and Schwab Mobile for millions of retail investors and active traders engaging the markets
If you want to be a part of a talented team that is using emerging technologies and ongoing cloud adoption efforts, and you have a growth mindset and a strong passion for agile and continuous improvement, we want you!
We are seeking an exceptional Agile Practitioner to be a Scrum Master with a Technical Analyst portfolio experience. This role involves supporting multiple high-performing Scrum teams within Trading Experience Technology to accelerate project delivery.
This candidate is equally motivated to work with various business and technical teams to document the technical project requirements across departments. What you are good at
- Oversee scrum process and coach the team(s) on how best to use Scrum and Agile practices
- Lead daily scrum meetings, sprint reviews, and planning meetings to ensure full team engagement
- Work with the Product Owners to support short and long-term release planning, leadership reporting, appropriate prioritization, and to keep the backlog healthy and prepared for execution
- Work with business and technical partners to translate business requirements into technical requirements through technical analysis of existing and target state features, workflows and data used in our applications
What you have
- Shield the teams from external interference to enable optimal functionality and productivity.
- Anticipate and address potential or actual impediments to team delivery (e.g. technical challenges, requirements ambiguities, logistic challenges, process gaps, cultural barriers).
- Champion continuous improvement activities to increase productivity; coach teams to conduct continuous improvement events and three Amigo meetings
- Communicate organizational impediments to leadership, clear impediments for the team
- Embrace the concept of continuous learning in your role and with team
- Teamwork and collaboration to facilitate open dialogue, productive solutions and resolve any project impediments in support of a high performing team
- Bachelor`s degree in a relevant field (business and computer science)
- 3-5 years of Technical Analyst experience
- 5+ years Scrum Master experience with a Scrum certification and equivalent training
- Excellent communicator in working with groups which span business and technical teams, onshore and offshore, partners and vendors
- Problem solving, analytical, creative, and innovative thinking. Exhibits a natural curiosity, asks and follows up on the right questions to understand impact across business and technology domains
- Strong experience in Agile / Scrum development methodologies & Atlassian tools (Jira and Confluence) and proficiency in generating JIRA reports and dashboards
- Ability to coach, mentor and influence team members at various levels
- Experience with the full software development life cycle
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
Why work for us?
- Bachelor`s degree in a relevant field (business, computer science)
- Scrum certification preferred or equivalent applied experience
- Experience leading multiple Scrum teams and supporting release management activities
- Experience working in a scaled agile framework preferred
- Thorough knowledge of business functions and extensive understanding of business operations, strategies and objectives
- Track record of continued and recent education in Lean-Agile including training, conferences, user groups, cohorts, self-study, etc.
- Financial industry knowledge and experience with trading is a big plus
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.